Saturday 20 April 2019

Coords: Tea Parties, Gigs, and Tartan Teddies




At the beginning of April two of my friends, Helena and Eleanor, had joint a meet up for their birthdays, as they do most years. I decided I wanted to wear something somewhat comfortable and casual since we'd be going for drinks at an Alice in Wonderland themed bar after getting food. So I put together this coord inspired by old 1998-99 issues of FRUiTS, as I'd been looking through my issues recently. I was feeling the ita realness.


Hoodie - PUTUMAYO
Skirt - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - Innocent World
Shoes - Antaina
Teddy bear - Jane Marple
Tiara - Claire's Accessories


We didn't get many photos while out because we were just enjoying ourselves, but I did get a couple. My hair is a little bit flat in my coord pictures because I didn't take them til I got home. I also managed to not notice my choker had turned around. D:




A little bit later in the month, I was to host a meet up. It was originally meant to be a picnic with the theme 'Teddy Bears Picnic', but due to the unpredictable British weather the plans had to change and Helena and Amelia offered we have a tea party at their house. 



I felt like wearing my Maple ringlet wig and sax Meta set, with the capelet as I haven't worn that much. It'd been a while since wearing sax. I also finally wore my headdress by the brand Chattering for the first time. 
I was intrigued as I'd never heard of the brand before and wanted to learn more about them. Apparently it was started in 1994 and I think it's still running, and wasn't a lolita specific brand. It's kind of hard to not look awkward when worn but I'm sure it's doable~

Goldilocks and the three bears~

Skirt & Capelet Set - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Blouse - Baby, the Stars shine Bright
Socks - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Shoes - Demonia
Headdress - Chattering
Wig - Maple
Necklace - Closet Child


As usual with picnics (even ones that change to tea parties indoor last minute), everyone brought something. We had sandwiches, crisps (Pom Bears to match the teddy theme lmao), biscuits,home made ice tea, a selection of berries, various lovely teas, and freshly baked bread and special jams to go with the bread. It was all very cute and quaint, and the fresh bread and fancy jam was delicious.


Photo courtesy of Helena
We managed to get a few true candids which turned out pretty cute~

Courtesy of Amelia~
This one was taken by me
Also taken by Amelia







Then the other day I attended a gig, and had asked in the oldschool discord for suggestions on what to wear. Someone said I should wear Alice Auaa, which I thought would be cute so I put together a coord with my Alice Auaa top. AA tops are fucking tiny, and my boobs are slightly too big for the top despite not being very big at all, so any time I do anything it rides up my tity (hence why it looks a bit odd in the first pic).



In true 90s fashion, I pinned my hair up at random to achieve that messy punky updo lewk~

Top- Alice Auaa
Skirt - Bodyline
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille (borrowed)
Shoes - Antaina
Tights - customised by me
Choker - Killstar (borrowed)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment