Saturday 4 December 2021

I modelled at the R.R.Memorandum Tea Party


Apologies for the delay posting this!

Back at the start of October, R.R.Memorandum hosted their first tea party to celebrate the release of their Heirloom Rose and Royal Crown Valerie collections. I was lucky enough that my friend Katherine, the owner/designer of RRM, invited me to Norwich to model in their fashion show. Apologies that this blog post has taken me so long to share, I was hoping to wait until the film photos I'd taken were developed, but it seems I won't get that roll finished any time soon.




Headdress - Bodyline
Wig - Maple
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Skirt - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Shoes - Antaina
Accessories - Emily Temple Cute


As one of the models for the fashion show I arrived to the venue early with Kath to get ready in the models' changing area. Kath had asked me to bring my white rocking horse shoes and my winglet wig to wear with the piece that I was modelling. Since I was bringing them, I put together a coord using them that I would wear for the rest of the event. It may not be particularly OTT for an event, but that's okay! While the venue was fairly empty I took the opportunity to get some coord photos.

The event started with the fashion show, where one by one we modeled Katherine's designs as she and Lucy talked about them. I was last in the line up, as I was modeling the made to order wedding set, which was handmade by Kath and featured beautiful hand embroidery by Han. Once it was over, I went to get some photos of the set taken by the event photographer before changing back into my coord.


 

In an unfortunate turn of events, I was actually horribly ill just in time for the tea party. Don't worry though, it wasn't covid, I tested myself many times just to be sure! I felt like crap and tbh I looked like crap too lol (thank you flash photography for making me look cute when I was not.. and pixlr). Also if I didn't talk to you much or seemed off at all, I'm so sorry; I was just trying not to die tbh and I only realised once I'd recovered that I missed so many opportunities to talk to people. ; A ;


When I arrived at my seat, the first course of the afternoon tea (or possibly high tea?) was being served and each seat had a gift bag. If you read my last blog post, you'll know I helped pack those bags haha. Our first course was mint and pea soup, and after that the sandwiches and desserts were served before eventually the scones. And naturally we were served lots of tea.



The gift bags were wonderful, each of us received a tote bag with a drawing of RRM's mascot Roly. Inside was a sachet of tea, postcards of art drawn for the RRM catalog, a scratch card with the possibility of winning something, the event timetable, a teddy shaped washcloth, a cute mini fork and spoon with crown designs, and a reusable straw. I also picked up one of the perorder leaflets on the table and bought a catalog, and someone on my table had a winning scratch card but didn't want any of the prizes so very kindly gave it to me! There were only 2 prizes left at that point so I chose the btssb cake shaped washcloth.

piiiiink

After eating, I got up to mingle; it was really nice to see internet friends! I tried to get as many photos as I could, particularly with oldschool friends as its not every day you get to have oldschool group photos. I got several photos on my film camera as well; I actually planned to wait until they were developed before posting this blog, but I haven't had the chance to finish the roll of film yet so I'll just share them at a later date. Luckily I also took many on my digital camera and a few on my instax, which you can see below!

Myself & lavendealer

A cute lil candid of troubleinthemessagecentre and lavendealer

Oldschool gang
frilljam, onlyfrillsandhorses, _eloiscooke_, naomi_apricot, troubleinthemessagecentre, sonia.leong,
liber.reign, cynicalneoprincess (me), blushghost

me, blushghost, naomi_apricot and troubleinthemessagecentre
why am i 20 metres away from everyone else




youtube gang
embroidereddoll, victorlockhartx, gravelvet, troubleinthemessagecentre, cynicalneprincess (me)


oliveinfrills, troubleinthemessagecentre and me

me and the vlads

In my excitement of getting pictures with people I forgot to photograph the beautiful RRM collection that was on display. I did however check out the sales table and bought a black and white Lab de Merveilles bonnet, and the RRM mook.
Once the event was ending I noticed that the non-attendees who had been having lunch in the beautiful foyer adjoining our event room were now gone. I'd been wanting some photos in there because it was pretty lovely looking. So a few of us had yet another little photoshoot, getting some group shots as well as coord shots for each of us.

frilljam, blushghost, naomi_apricot, and me



Some bts pics taken my Naomi:



Once that was done and the day was over, I got one last photo outside before going back to Kaths and basically dying lol. The day was wonderful, I just wish I could've enjoyed it more by not being so unwell. Still, I hope I can attend another event like this soon~!


Like always, please do comment~!
P.s. If you're in one of  these photos you're welcome to post it elsewhere ^u^

2 comments:

  1. I love your coord, there isn´t piece I would not die for :D. And this tea party looks like a lot of fun (^◡^ ).

    ReplyDelete