Saturday 2 April 2022

Bettys Blue Tag Guide

I'm trying to work out when each tag for Bettys Blue was used, inspired by RaineDragon's archiving of when each lolita brand tag was used. I have quite the interest in vintage J-fashion outside of lolita, and always found it a shame there wasn't more archiving of none-lolita brands.

This blog is a WIP and will be updated as  time goes on if I find more information for tags. I'm going off information given on listings by Japanese secondhand sellers so this may not be completely accurate depending on their memory. If you have any information I haven't included, please do let me know!

Click read more to view the guide!

Bettys Blue was established in 1985, and discontinued in 2009.



Black & red on white label

1980s (maybe to early 90s?)



Couple label

1980s



Wheel label

1980s



Good sense of humor label

Late 80s/early 90s



 

Offwhite label with red writing 

Early 1990s to approx 1997



Red rose label

Late 90s (definitely 1999)

 


Yellow & blue label

Late 1990s (def 1996-2000)

I suspect this tag lasts until 2009




Pink & green label

Late 1990s ( to 2000s?)

idk if the different colour signifies something different to the yellow/blue


Miscellaneous tags I'm unsure of the date it was in use:





Diamond label

My guess based on the tag design would be 80s, maaaaybe early 90s



Swirly pink label with polka dots

Not sure whatsoever, my guess is maybe mid to late 90s, though could be anywhere up to 2009, or possibly just a kids tag or something



Eiffel tower & dove label

Unsure of the date this was in use
My guess would be 80s or early 90s based on the garment and tag design



Heart shaped/colourful KLC label

Kids only tag, my guess would be mid to late 2000s



White & blue KLC label

Kids only tag from the KLC collection, my guess would be 90s



Eimy Chan label

A childrens only tag, my guess is late 90s to mid 00s based on the garments I saw this on
Also comes in red, beige (the colour possibly changes depending on size)



Bettys Blue Boy label

Possibly 80s/90s, or for the entirety of the Bettys Blue Boy sub brand. I'm not sure when this sub brand was active.



Mr Shinji label

1980s

This is a tag for Mr Shinji, a men's fashion brand designed by Shinji Abe that preceded Bettys Blue



BettyBlue Love label

Unsure of the timeframe this tag was used, my guess is late 90s to mid 00s based on the garment this was on, which was a pair of bootcut jeans

There is a small chance this is from an unrelated brand, since the tag says "bettyblue" rather than "betty's blue", though it seems unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment