Sunday 12 June 2022

Summer ILD & May Hangouts

 

(lots of lovely photos below)


Headdress - Chattering
Wig - Aliexpress
Blouse - Putumayo
Necklace - Jane Marple
Skirt - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Bag - Jane Marple
Socks - Innocent World
Shoes - Antaina


Back in May I made plans to hang out with my friends and get bubble tea, and this was my coord. I thought it would be cute to wear my angel wing blouse with the feather print skirt for a subtle angel theme, though I suppose I also have a crown theme with the socks and bag. I'm discovering that this wig is quick to get tatty, although idk what I expected when buying an Aliexpress wig haha. I'm still on the hunt for a good short curly/ringlet bob wig.



Then at the end of May, Helena organised a meet up to check out a vintage fair that was happening that day as well as the regular vintage and charity shops in town. I had been saving this skirt for a picnic meet that was meant to be happening around the same time, as fruit is always a cute theme for a sunny picnic meet. However that had to be postponed so I just wore it to this one. I actually got this skirt for a really low price, probably because it was quite wrinkled even after steaming, but it's just so cute I really love it!

At the vintage fair I got a lovely 60s mod dress and a cute apple shaped watch from a charity shop (hehe apple watch) that I'll probably wear in some FRUiTS looks. After the vintage shops we headed to a café for some lunch, or tea and cake. The rest of the meet was just hanging out and chatting while the weather was nice before we all headed home.


Red and pink is one of the best colour combinations, I love it so much!

Headdress - Bodyline
Necklace - Vivienne Westwood
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Skirt - Emily Temple Cute
Petticoat - Baby the Stars shine Bright
Bag - Primark
Socks - Jane Marple
Shoes - Aliexpress



A woman asked us for a photo and air dropped it to us which was lovely~


For ILD, Lulu had planned a meet up in Durham. I ended up missing my train (I literally got to the platform as it was leaving orz) so I ended up being late which I felt terrible about, especially since it turned out Lulu and I were the only two attending the meet :(

Despite being the two of us we had a great meet! First we went to a cute little cafe where we got some tea and cake before heading to check out some vintage shops. Next we made our way to the Cathedral, where we got loads of cute photos.



Bonnet - Lab de Merveilles
Wig - Maple
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Necklace - Jane Marple
JSK - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - Innocent World
Shoes - Demonia
Parasol - Baby the Stars Shine Bright


I thought for ILD it would be nice to put together a nice traditional old school coord. I had bought the JSK some time ago so that I had more things to wear with my Lab de Merveilles bonnet, but hadn't yet worn it as it didn't have its waist ties. I'd been planning to make some but I recently remembered I had some bodyline waist ties I'd never used, solving my problem with a lot less effort. I also originally planned to wear my Demonia mary janes, which you can see in the coord photo above, but decided since I'd be walking round Durham (which has a lot of cobblestone streets), I would instead wear the lace up shoes that are the same shape. 










As you can see, we got a lot of cute photos outside, and I really love how they turned out!
 
We then went inside the cathedral to look around and it was absolutely beautiful inside. We only took a few photos on my camera, and without the flash on so they're a little grainy, but we thought it might be a bit rude otherwise.


The cathedral was so stunning, so naturally I took a lot of photos which you can see on my instagram. Despite not being religious I just love cathedrals, they're so beautiful and full of intricate details. Below are some lovely candids Lulu took of me while we looked round the cathedral. I took some of her too, because candids are always nice to have. Despite the low turn out, this was a really great meet and I enjoyed it thoroughly~!






2 comments:

  1. I love your red and pink coord so much! It's def one of the best color combo and I really like the shoes

    Also the cathedral looks really stunning

    ReplyDelete