Tuesday 20 June 2023

Teddybears Picnic & My Birthday │ Coords

 


Sorry this one is kinda late!


In May I had my birthday. I didn't have anything crazy planned, I just met up with Helena and Jordan for bubble tea on a warm but rainy day. I thought it would be cute to wear my real hair in a coord and I put it into tiny pigtails. In the evening I went for a meal with my parents~


Necklace - Vivienne Westwood
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Jumperskirt - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Cardigan - Jane Marple
Bag - Vivienne Westwood
Teddy - Vivienne Westwood
Socks - RR Memorandum
Shoes - Angelic Imprint
Watch - 2nd hand





A little later in May I hosted a Teddy bear's picnic, the weather was perfect for it that day. I of course put together a teddy bear themed coord with a JSK I finally got around to altering. It was a super cheap dress Jordan found on taobao a few years ago and most of our friend group got one, but there were some odd choices made in the constructions which turned out to be easily fixable. The teddy gobelin is so cute!

I look weird in this pic but I wanted one with the flowers in

Headdress - Metamorphose 
Wig - Maple
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Necklace - Jane Marple
Jumperskirt - Taobao
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - Angelic Imprint
Bag - Vintage
Brooch - Vintage
Parasol - Baby the Stars Shine Bright




I also encouraged attendees to bring a teddy as I thought it would be cute. I originally wanted to bring my Vinienne Westwood and Jane Marple bears but I already had loads of stuff to bring, so I just brought my teddy bag. They wouldn't have matched my coord anyway really so it wasn't a big deal.

I made this meet a potluck as I wanted to bake some teddybear shaped biscuits, though they did end up a little more blobby than planned lol. I baked some bread for finger sandwiches too, some of which had marmalade in which now I think of it was an accidental Paddingtn reference.



It was a really relaxed meet up, we ate a lot of food and just sat and talked in the sun for hours. As you can see in the photos above we also made flower crowns for our bears lol. Here's Maria taking a brief nap, which I thought looked very adorable. I love that dress!


I had gotten a new camera from my mum for my birthday which I brought to the meet to try out and learn how to use. We took lots of photos but as it turns out I had it on the wrong setting. Luckily Emily knew how to use the camera which was actually really helpful so I do know how to use it now. But she took loads of nice photos despite the incorrect setting!





Here's a very anime photo of Rival and I lol




Towards the end of May I had another picnic, this time with a non-lolita friend. It wasn't so sunny that day, though not too cold. I didn't want to wear a full poofy coord so I put together a proto coord that felt picnic-y.

Hat - Jane Marple
Parasol - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Necklace - Vivienne Westwood
Blouse - PUTUMAYO
Bolero - MILK
Dress - MILK
Socks - Jane Marple
Shoes - Antaina



4 comments:

  1. I am so obsessed with these photos!<3 They honestly look so professional and are done so well. Also I think that I have just fallen in love with that bear jsk... I want to own one now too ❤️😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I love the bear gobelin, it's commercially available so I think a few indie brands have made stuff with it~

      Delete
  2. Your coords are super cute! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete