Tuesday 10 May 2022

March Cafe Club & May Birthday Meet (at the same place!) ∣ Coords

 This post is incredibly picture heavy!



Headdress - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Necklace - Jane Marple
OP - Cornet
Bags - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Underskirt/petti - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Bloomers - Fanplusfriend
Socks - Offbrand
Shoes - Antaina
Capelet - Angelic Pretty
Wig - Maple


In March Helena started 'Cafe Club' back up, a casual meet where we try a different cafe each time, and lolita is optional (but jfashion is encouraged). I didn't feel like being so casual, so put together a coord with my ringlet wig and Cornet OP. Since I have dyed hair now that doesn't fit with every coord, I'm trying to buy some more wigs that would look nice with coords. What I really want is a short curly/ringlet bob that you often see in old snaps and brand ads but nowhere sells them anymore. 




For the meet we went to The Great British Cupcakery. It was lovely, the interior is clearly designed to be instagram-able but tbh it was too busy to take photos inside. They had a huge selection of cupcakes and cake slices that are huuuge, like you could half them and they would still be a generous portion. I hadn't had lunch yet so I got a vegan fishless finger sandwhich (but like, fancy) which was really delicious, then got a vegan dirty brownie to take home, they had a good selection of vegan options!


Once we were all done, we walked to the quayside to take coord photos as the weather was pretty nice. After that we walked to the park and fed the ducks and swans~ 








In April there were two meets I planned to attend but I ended up being unable to, and so...



This weekend I hosted a meet at The Great British Cupcakery for my birthday (which is today). The turnout was good which was really nice; I was originally hoping to book us afternoon teas however they'd all been booked up, so we once again just ordered off the menu. I ordered the same as last time, while some people ordered their crazy massive milkshakes that have a whole dessert on top.





Downstairs there was a slightly cringe "yass queen" sign and a very cute flower wall so we got some fun photos while others finished their cakes and milkshakes.



Cute candid of Bernie adjusting Minty for a photo~



After a few hours in the cupcakery we went outside and all got some coord photos and a cute group photo. It was so nice to have so many people turn up to a meet, as generally there's not been that many of us because of the panini.


Headdress - Victorian Maiden
Wig - Maple
Necklace - Jane Marple
OP - Angelic Pretty
Bag - Vintage
Backpack - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Shoes - Antaina
Parasol - Baby the Stars Shine Bright

This OP is so beautiful and is one of my favourites. I recently cut my hair into a chelsea cut with pigtails (it's very cute but doesn't go with this coord), so I of course had to wear a wig with it; naturally I chose my Maple ringlet wig as it goes so well. Since every time I've worn this OP I've also worn my ringlet wig I wanted to make this coord as different as possible, so I paired it with my VM gobelin headdress and my vintage gobelin bag, and I think it works nicely! In an ideal world I'd have worn black RHS but I don't own a pair other than the boots which I don't think would work, so I think I'm going to have to finally buy a pair!


The cutest photo, I love it!




We then made our way to a cathedral that was near by that I've always wanted to go inside and get photos in. In this meet I really wanted to encourage taking as many photos as possible, as sometimes it's easy to forget to take photos but it's always nice to get candids and stuff. So uhh, we have a lot of walking candids... I like them though, I think it's nice to get unposed photos even if they are all of us walking from the back. I took few myself before designating Lucy to get some as I wanted to be in them haha.






These two were taken at the same time from either side of the road lol






We decided to have a mosey round the back of the cathedral before we went inside and I spotted the vampire rabbit that I remembered from when I was a kid, which is sat above a beautiful door. So naturally we all got very cute photos below it, you can see mine below. In the end we missed the window to go inside the cathedral as it shut at 5pm, but we got so many cute photos & candids it doesn't really matter, plus we can always go another day.


This candid is so cute ;;






Headdress - Baby the Stars shine Bright
Wig - Aliexpress
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
JSK - MILK
Petticoat - Baby the Stars shine Bright
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - Bodyline
Bag - Primark
Parasol - Baby the Stars shine Bright


The following day Lucy and I *should* have been attending a Trixie Mattel show and meet & greet that Lucy had bought us tickets to 2 years ago before it was rescheduled a million times thanks to the panini. The tour finally had a set date and then about 3 weeks before (when Lucy already had travel and hotels booked) the Newcastle date was cancelled. Rude. >:(
So we had a spare day to hang out before Lucy went back home, and decided to just have a chill day at the park as the weather was nice. I wore the MILK dress that Lucy had given me as a birthday present at the meet the day before. I love it as I didn't own any yellow lolita pieces, and daisy motifs are so cute!


I also made a little video on my camcorder of the weekend~

As always, please do comment!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Ophelia! You look lovely as always! My birthday is coming up, too. May twins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And happy late birthday to you! <3

      Delete
  2. hi, i like your post, sorry if this question might be anyhow out of place, but could you tell if the person in all black look has any page or social media like this one? i find their outfit interesting and was wondering if i can follow them? thank you and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's Amelia, lycheeocha on instagram~

      Delete