Monday 1 August 2022

Very Very Warm Summer Coords ∣ Coords

 



Back in June my comm had a little casual picnic, so I put together a cute little country lolita coord. The weather that day was horribly hot and close, but other than that we had a lovely little picnic. I brought a couple of issues of Olive magazine which we all looked through.
This coord made me want to buy a black ringlet wig, I think it would have looked so cute!

Parasol - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Hat - Vintage
Wig - Aliexpress
Blouse - Innocent World
Skirt - MILK
Underskirt/petti - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - Demonia


So fun little story, my shoe broke as soon as I got off the bus, so I had to trek to the other side of town to get it fixed before trekking all the way to the park. In the stupid 24 degree humid weather. I was super late. I think these shoes are on their way out tbh. But I really don't want to buy a replacement pair because Demonia slightly changed the style so the toe is less bulbous. I want big round clown feet Demonia, don't rob me of my dream >:(



Then towards the end of June, I had plans with my mum and her boyfriend to go to Chillingham castle. On the way we made a stop to hike up Ross Point, from which you get an amazing view as you can see in the photo above. I put together a casual-ish coord with DMs for practicality. This is also the first time I've worn my new hairstyle with lolita, though you can't actually see the shaved parts in any of the photos.


Headdress - Bodyline
Cutsew - Putumayo
Skirt - Putmayo
Shoes - Doc Martens
Parasol - Baby the Stars Shine Bright



Once we got to the castle, we had a small picnic and then looked around. The castle isn't a National Trust site and is privately owned, so the whole place was presented in a rather cobbled together manner which was quite charming. I really wanted to have a proper look at the garden but unfortunately the castle closes quite early and we ran out of time = A =;;



 





In July there was an alternative night market, so my friends and I got dressed up to go. It sold witchy stuff, gothic accessories, and things like that. I had recently bought a hime cut wig from Maple and wanted to make a coord with it. I went for an EGL vibe to go with the wig and I really like how it turned out, though I underestimated the temperature that day lol.

Headdress - Metamorphose temps de Fille
Wig - Maple
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Necklace - Jane Marple
Apron - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Skirt - MILK
Socks - Lolitabutiken
Shoes - Antaina
Bag - Vintage





Headdress - Victorian Maiden
Wig - Maple
Cutsew - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Skirt - Good Luck
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - a gift
Shoes - Demonia
Parasol - Baby the Stars Shine Bright


A little later in July, Helena hosted another Cafe Club meet. Once again I put together a gothic coord with my hime cut wig, though this time a little more weather appropriate. I've had this beaded choker for ages and I've wanted to wear it. This coord ended up being the perfect fit for it!
It was yet another scorching day, so we ended up getting ice tea at the cafe and later in the day we got ice cream and chilled on the grass.



A cute lil candid of us laughing


As always, please do comment, it's always nice to have some engagement! I'm currently writing some blog posts about my journey into historical costuming so I'll post those soon :3

8 comments:

  1. I love the black tank top in your last coord! The castle looks so nice and a bit more real and lived in than others castle I've visited so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your new hairstyle looks so cute with lolita, the contrast between the pink of your hair and the black and white is so striking! I'm super excited for the historical costume posts, I adore historical fashion, which era is your favourite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My favourite era is the 18th century which is what I'm currently working on, but I also love late Victorian and Edwardian and eventually want to start wearing that era too~

      Delete
  3. I love that last coord so much! The blonde with the purple in the skirt is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blonde wig on you! I feel your Demonia struggle, mine fell apart as well. I did manage to find a design replica on Taobao, which are near identical save for the straps - not sure if I'm allowed to leave links here, but let me know if you're curious! Also, I noticed a lot of your older posts are now missing images, thought I'd let you know just in case. I've been reading your blog since the beginning and it would be a shame to lose all the wonderful posts you've made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much <3
      I'd definitely like to know about the demonia replicas please! I had a look at some of my oldest posts and the pictures are still there for me, could you let me know which ones have pics missing for you?

      Delete