Thursday 20 September 2018

Eternal Twilight

Last week I made a trip to Helsinki for the lolita fashion event Eternal Twilight. Naturally, since Mana-Sama and the brand Moi Meme Moitie were guests at the event, I wore my (currently) only Moitie piece, a 2000 JSK with the most beautiful bustle lace. I absolutely adore the clean cut of this jumper skirt and the intricate cross and rose lace on the bustle. 



Of course with such a beautiful clean Moitie dress, I had to coord it in a very EGL way. I didn't even realise I would be wearing so many offbrand items until later- if anything I'd want to wear as much burando as possible at an event like this to assert my dominance (lol), but I really wanted to have the streamlined leggy look. Of course it doesn't actually matter how much brand I'm wearing as long as the finished result looks good

JSK - Moi Meme Moitie
Blouse - Baby, the Stars shine Bright
Shoes - Antaina
Bag - Vintage
Everything else - Offbrand





I put my hair in a style that I recently discovered I could do that I feel lends itself well to gothic lolita. I decided not to go full Mana with my makeup, but I did go for a heavier gothic eye, complete with fake lashes, while still keeping it fitting with oldschool. Neither of these selfies accurately show my lip colour though, haha.



I was excited but also very anxious about attending the event, as nobody else from my comm was going. Luckily, a lot of my acquaintances and internet friends were there, and it was lovely to meet them all, as well as chatting to some of you who follow me on social media~! I enjoyed seeing everybody's coords, especially how different people chose to coordinate Moitie pieces. 

With dollbl00d
With josinemaaike and goodheavens
With gravelvet
I even took the opportunity to take a very old school photo with goodheavens as she had also chosen an Elegant Gothic Lolita coord with a beautiful Meta OP, and we just looked so good together. I also took some photos on my film camera too, but they haven't been developed yet.


I didn't get to meet Mana unfortunately, but it was still amazing to see him in person, he has such a mysterious presence! The Moitie fashion show was wonderful too, as was the designer fashion show. And though I didn't get to meet Mana, I did get to meet Babi and Kaie of Triple Fortune. They're so charming (。◕‿◕。)*:・゚✧



The Saturday Eternal Twilight event was such a wonderful time. There were lots of people wearing oldschool, which made me happy. Some even wore old school Moitie, which reminded me of my love for old school Moitie, I'd definitely love to own more in the future! All the vendors had beautiful items for sale, and the Q&A and Mana Quiz were interesting, while the Designer Elegant Gothic Quest was a good laugh. 



Unfortunately I didn't get tickets to the Sunday tea party or after party, but I will be making another blog post about what I did get up to (and what I wore) in Helsinki on the Sunday (as well as the Friday beforehand). 


Edit: Here's some gifs of myself appearing in other people's vlogs of the day (I was bored and am narcissistic so decided to make gifs of myself lol)~


 From Lou Graves' Video



No comments:

Post a Comment