Friday 28 September 2018

Coord: Helsinki Adventures (2 coords)

Although I didn't get a ticket to the Sunday tea party, I still had time in Helsinki. So, I took a ferry over to Suomenlinna, a sea fortress which is made up of 6 islands, where I spent most of the day.



leggy
There was so much of Suomenlinna I didn't see, but what I did get to see was lovely. I strolled along the rocks, and saw the beautiful views of the water sparkling in the sunlight. 



I also filmed a little video climbing around the rocks.



Blouse - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Skirt - Heart E
Headdress - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Parasol - Baby, the Stars shine Bright
Shoes - Vintage
Bag - handmade by me
Cardigan - Innocent World



I also discovered there is a toy museum on the island, it was so quaint! It was packed full of beautiful vintage/antique dolls and toys, some dolls were the size of toddlers. As I entered the museum, the lady behind the counter, and a patron complimented my coord, and said that I looked like one of the dolls, which was so lovely to hear. Above are some candid photos of me looking around at the dolls, and below are a few I took with my camera. 



There are more photos from the toy museum that I took  with my phone that you can find on my instagram if you'd like to see more. I love dolls so much, especially old ones, so it was such a nice surprise to stumble upon this little museum while on the island.



 After spending some time wandering around the rocks and admiring the views, and then looking around the toy museum, I headed back to the mainland to meet up with gravelvet after he had finished at the Eternal Twilight tea party. We got some tea at a moomin cafe and sat at a botanical garden and chatted for a few hours. We also got a few photos, and he filmed some things for a vlog.

Hey MTV welcome to my crib
Lou's vlog:


Edit: I made gifs of myself from Lou's video~





image

And now let's time travel back to the Friday before Eternal Twilight.


I first looked around the Finnish History museum, though I didn't take any photos. Then, after lunch, I went to an art gallery. 

I wore Doc Marten boots because I knew I'd be walking around a lot. My entire coord had a casual vibe, to be honest.
Hey look I'm a painting!


The painting above is about a maiden drowning herself rather than marrying that old guy. Big mood. The gallery also had lovely architecture, as you can see below.


Later I went to the Moomin shop, and got a photo~


Blouse - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Skirt - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Cardigan - Offbrand
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - Doc Marten (vintage)
Bag - Handmade



No comments:

Post a Comment