Friday 27 March 2020

April - May 2016 ∣ Throwback


Five coords below, including a bunch of photos I've never shared before!


In early April I put together this coord to go to a cafe and then the park with Lucy. I was inspired by the oldschool snaps of girls (mostly Sachi) wearing vintage prairie style blouses in coords. I also tried something different by putting my brown ringlet bodyline wig into pigtails, as I wasn't happy with it as it was, but I also don't think it looked great in the pigtails.


Headdress - Metamorphose
Blouse - Vintage
Skirt, wig, shoes - Bodyline
Socks - Lolitabutiken
Bag - Vintage




Later in April, it was Helena and Eleanor's joint birthday meet, which they had at the Metrocentre. The theme was food, but I didn't own anything food themed and wanted to wear my newly acquired Trumpet Sleeves Babydoll OP. So I did just that and said it was a "burnt toast themed" coord as a joke.



We all met up and then went to Wagamama for lunch, where the staff were lovely and asked for a photo with us. After that we went to the arcade, where we got coord photos and group photos- and lots of chav kids laughed and shouted at us. Half of the group then went on the dodgems in the arcade, while the rest of us who were pretty tired at that point went to a cafe to chill out.


Headdress, OP, socks - Metamorphose
Bag - Vintage
Bloomers - Little Dipper
Shoes - Antaina
Wig - Maple






I also filmed a small vlog that day~





Then in May it was my birthday, and I spent the day with my mum. First we went for breakfast (or possibly lunch?) at a nice cafe, I don't remember what I got to eat (possibly pancakes?) but I did get either a vegan hot chocolate or milkshake with vegan cream on top. After that we drove to a nearby village that has a lot of vintage and shabby-chic shops. I put together a casual EGL coord so I would fit in with the surroundings for nice photos.



As soon as we arrived I got some lovely coord photos in the beautiful church cemetery. It was a really nice sunny day! After that we headed to the vintage & antique shops, and I took the photo below in the mirror of a beautiful wardrobe that was for sale.


I took the two photos below before we left the house. My mum gave me the flowers that morning as a birthday gift~



Headdress - Metamorphose
Cutsew - BTSSB
Skirt, shoes - Bodyline
Socks - Lolitabutiken
Bag - Metamrphose
Parasol - Offbrand




While out I got this beautiful and creepy doll, who I named Janey.


Then in the evening when we got back home we went for a meal and then some drinks with my dad and some family friends~




In May the Alice In Wonderland exhibit (the one that has AATP and Baby items) was in my city, so we had an Alice in wonderland themed meet to look around. Naturally I took this opportunity to put together an Alice Lolita coord inspired by Alice themed oldschool coords. Most Alice Lolita coords use a sax main piece, white apron, and striped socks. I changed things up a little by wearing my sax apron, and decided to add a mushroom pin despite not being "authentic oldschool" because I thought it would add to the Alice theme.


Headbow, apron, bag - BTSSB
Blouse - Innocent World
Skirt - Metamorphose
Socks, wig, parasol - Offbrand
Shoes - Antaina
Brooch - Etsy

Sax friendos~

The Alice in Wonderland exhibit was great, there were lots of interesting vintage Alice themed things, and of course the long awaited BTSSB and AATP coord was up!





Ever twinned with a mannequin?^

Two Alices and a dodo

My leggies match the tunnel to Wonderland

That's why you wear bloomers




I also decided to post all of the pictures that were taken of me that I never originally posted. A lot of these photos below are quite low quality as they're gone through facebook a few times, and unfortunately those are the only versions I have. They're all pretty similar too lol.




this ones kinda funny



Towards the end of May we had a meet up where we all went to Tynemouth to look around the market that sells lots of vintage things, toys, food from small local companies, handmade crafts etc, and then we'd go to tea at a nice cafe. As I've said before, my favourite look is blonde ringlets with black and white coords, and I wanted to wear my nice new Maple wig with my shirred AP dress because I'd only worn it with my bodyline wig until then.



Headdress - Bodyline
Wig - Maple
OP - Angelic Pretty
Bag - Vintage
Socks - Offbrand
Shoes - Antaina


Before leaving the house I had some spare time so I made a lil gif and took some photos with my webcam, I miss my webcam ; A ;




After the market, Alice wanted the two of us to get some instax photos together. We took some and then Alice realised the camera was on the wrong setting, so we changed the setting and took two more. I offered to take the two overexposed ones since I'd be getting them for free anyway, and now they're on my wall~!


When we got to the cafe everyone ordered tea, and then their food. But I quickly realised there wasn't any vegan food except for a baked potato with beans, or possibly the soup of the day depending on what it was. The person who had organised the meet had requested the soup of the day be vegan when they booked the table for us, but the cafe decided to ignore that despite agreeing (or had just forgotten) and had a soup choc full of meat. So it was baked potato and beans for me, how very elegant (= A =;; )




It was so unbelievably hot and sunny that day, the weather was lovely but almost too hot iirc. It was great until we actually had to take coord photos when it became very clear that we'd have some pretty unflattering photos. I'm glad I got a coord photo before I left, because the one below doesn't look great and that's after editing my face as much as I could.


Reaction pic anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment