Thursday 12 March 2020

I Didn't Wear Lolita for a Month But I'm Back!




In late January Jordan was hosting a mini meet at a local art gallery, so I put together an EGL coord with my weird MILK skirt that I knew would work for the meet as well as the drag show I'd be going to later and possibly going out afterwards. 


It ended up only being myself and Jordan who turned up as a few people had to cancel last minute, but it was nice to just hang out the two of us. We looked around the free bit of gallery for a bit, which featured artists from the North East starting in like the 1700s I think. My favourite was the cat painting below. After that we went to Junk it up and got vegan 'fricken' burgers and shared some Cajun fries which was nice as I hadn't been there in ages.




Skirt - MILK
Brooch - Emily Temple Cute
Shoes - Antaina
Everything else - Metamorphose Temps de Fille



A little later on I ventured out again to go to Monet X Change and Bob the Drag Queen's show Sibling Rivalry with my mum. I enjoyed it, and what I like about these is all my drag friends are always at these so I ended up going out with them afterwards. Luckily I'd planned for this and made sure to put together a somewhat appropriate coord~!


div


Not much later in January my friends and I finally met up or hotpot like we'd been planning for a long time. Josh had recently done a clear out of their things and gave me a few things they thought I'd appreciate, so I thought I'd wear a few of them. Funnily enough the entire coord except for the hair bows, bag and necklace are all things that Josh has given me over the years haha.


Head bows - Angelic Pretty
T-shirt - Moon Kana merch
Skirt - Lolita Rose
Bag -Metamorphose temps de Fille
Socks - Not sure
Shoes - Bodyline



The t-shirt is Moon Kana merch from her 2007 tour, and as you can see in the photo above it has the tour dates on the back. It's a little bit faded but that's okay! I was also a bit worried about the size being unflattering on me but it's actually alright. As for the skirt, it's by an offbrand brand called Lolita Rose, which I'm assuming is one of those wannabe lolita brands for mallgoths. While it's quality is obviously lower than actual brand, it's pretty cute and I like having another gingham piece to wear. It has a weird low waist with like a 'tighter' bit from the waist to hips which I was a bit worried about when it comes to wearing a petticoat, but as long as I wear my BTSSB ffrill petticoat it's okay!


 This was my first time trying hotpot and it was delicious. I'm actually not a fan of mushrooms, and avoided the big ones, but I decided to try the enoki mushrooms and actually liked them, they were just kind of like chewy noodles. Also Snow's food filters are a true miracle for making food look as good in photos as in real life.



div
March


In February I didn't wear lolita at all as I pretty much spent the entire month being incredibly ill or doing drag stuff on the few occasions I wasn't. So then when Helena organised a meal out for us as a treat I decided last minute to wear lolita. I put together a coord that would be comfy since we would be getting hotpot again and I knew that meant probably eating too much food lol. I was going for a casual punk sort of vibe and wanted to wear a chain attaching my to my panda bag inspired by a few of the old street snaps, but I remembered my friend has my o-ring collar at the minute. Maybe I'll try it in the future though!

 
Before and after of our hotpot (there were many of us)

Headdress - Bodyline
Choker - Rowan's Originals
Cutsew - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Skirt - PUTUMAYO
Bag - Vintage
Socks - Innocent World
Tights - Offbrand
Shoes - Demonia

terrible selfie

div

The following week I was supposed to meet up with a friend, and I was excited as I'd planned a red and white coord to wear. Unfortunately they cancelled last minute, so I decided to save that coord for another time (hopefully soon). Luckily I had plans to meet with my mum and go for a meal a few days later, so I decided to wear lolita even though I hadn't originally planned to. I just threw together something comfy and simple, nothing innovative just a nice solid coord.

I really need a fringe trim
Headdress - Angelic Pretty
Cutsew - Angelic Pretty
Necklace - Jane Marple
JSK - Emily Temple Cute
Bag - vintage
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - Demonia


The weather was horribly rainy and could definitely have been described as pissing it down- (my socks got a lil soggy, good thing I just wore bodyline ones), so we were glad to get out of the rain. We decided on a Caribbean restaurant we'd been to once before where the food was really fuckin' good. 


I got a sweetcorn fritter roti wrap and my mum got jerk tofu, and we got sides of curried chickpeas, coconut rice & peas, and chips with a spiced seasoning (I'd have preferred to get watermelon but the chips were delicious and luckily the tofu came with watermelon so win win). Definitely too much food to eat at once but to be fair there was a deal on the sides, and now I get to have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow lol.


This particular blog post has been pretty food heavy but what can I say, I've had meals worth sharing 4 times in 3 months ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
div

I'm also pleased to announce I'll be a guest at my friend Katherine's tea party to launch her new brand R.R. Memorandum, on the 11th April! 
You've probably seen her work when she posts her coord to Closet of Frills and the oldschool group, and now with her starting her own brand you'll be able to own them too. It's so exciting to be able to buy old school style pieces brand new. 
There are limited spaces so you should get your tickets asap if you're interested in going, sales start on the 14th March~
div

2 comments:

  1. Starting well with that fishnet coord! Despite being all black there’s plenty of texture going on, including your own hair. And you rock that mini-hat! The second coord isa good reminder of how weird January was, weather-wise. If not for some good old hot pot winter warming food, I’d mistake it for a spring or summer coord. The ETC coord is lovely too, I’ve always overlooked this brand (maybe I didn’t see enough of it in gothic colours) and I see my mistake now. Also I wish big pattern but even bigger breathable ‘white’ space was still a thing.
    How’s the neocities page building going on? I hope it’s not too much trouble on your end, cause that’s definitely a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really liked that first coord, and I love that in a monotone coord you can play around with texture so much~! With the second coord, I was actually wearing a coat outside as it was pretty chilly, just took it off for photos haha. Although that's not to say january wasn't worryingly warm still. I agree with you on wanting more prints similar to my ETC one, I love the old screenprint style pieces that were popular in oldschool and tbh I'd love more~

      As for the neocities site, I got quite far but I took a break because doing the wardrobe post was starting to drain me. I might pick it back up soon to finish off my wardrobe pages, and then figure out how to make a diary page. I think I'd like to eventually move my writing there but I don't know, still haven'tdecided~

      Delete