Tuesday 18 February 2020

Jan - March 2016 ∣ Throwback


I'm back again with my throwback series, this time with seven coords from January-March 2016...


For my first coord of the year I put together a nice comfy coord to go to a friend's housewarming meet. I did actually wear a coat, I just left it off for the outfit photos. I believe the weather was actually pretty mild that day~

Headdress - Bodyline
Cutsew - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Skirt - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Bag, shoes - Vintage
Socks - Lolitabutiken



Then in February I went out for food with my mum to an open mic night, and decided to wear my Meta set in full as I hadn't worn lolita in a while. I wish I'd managed to get a photo that wasn't a mirror shot, but I did't. I also wish I'd cut a fringe into that wig!


Skirt, capelet, bag- Metamorphose
Blouse - Innocent World
Headdress - BTSSB
Tights, necklace - Offbrand
RHS - Bodyline


I also just downloaded the Menhera sticker app around then and tried it out for the first time that day. As you can see, I was originally going to wear mt BTSSB School Cardigan but it ended up looking weird and lumpy over the blouse, Baby's cardigans are so tiny, especially the sleeve ends. I ended up selling that cardigan because I couldn't make it work.


Later in February 2016 I was in the process of bleaching my hair an dying it pink in time for my trip to London. I returned home from the hairdressers and the bleaching process had made my hair straight and shiny (a texture my hair doesn't usually go). It reminded me of the sort of hair that lolitas wore in the mid 2000s, so took advantage of the opportunity to put together a coord with a hairstyle I'd never have otherwise. It was super late in the evening and dark though, so this was the only photo I was able to get, and by the next day my hair was no longer all straight like this.


Headdress - Metamorphose
OP - Angelic Pretty
Apron - BTSSB
Bloomers - Little Dipper
Shoes - Antaina




In March 2016 I went on a trip to London with my mum to see Grimes live and see friends who live there. On one of the days I went with my mum to Brick Lane and around there to check out the vintage shops, I think we also went to Cereal Killer Cafe that day (or one of the other days possibly).


I had also finally replaced my crappy bodyline ringlet wig with a wig from Maple, and it really makes a difference! I like this coord a lot, one of my favourite looks for me is black and white coords with blonde ringlets, I'd almost consider it my signature look haha.

idk why I look so derpy here

Headdress - Bodyline
Wig - Maple
Cardigan - Offfbrand
Blouse, tie - MAM Maxicimam
Skirt, skirt - Metamorphose
Shoes - Antaina




On another day of my London trip I went to Camden with my mum where we went around the market an to some vintage shops. I put together this kuro coord which seems to be one of my more popular coords haha. And in typical me fashion, on the second day of owning my beautiful Maple wig, I managed to mess up one of the front ringlets, haha.


 Blouse - BTSSB
Skirt, headdress - Metamorphose
Shoes - Antaina
Wig - Maple
Bag - Vintage


A few days after I got back from London, I met up with Josh and Lucy for some tea and a catch up. I don't like this coord much, I'm unsure whether I just got a bad photo, but it doesn't feel balanced, despite loving all the individual features.


OP - Maxicimam
Capelet - Angelic Pretty
Headdress - Victorian Maiden
Wig - Maple
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - Antaina
Bag - Vintage



Towards the end of March, Josh and I had organised a Memento Mori themed meet up, where we went to the local museum to look at the taxidermy. I got these nice candids~



And these silly photos~



Headdess - Victorian Maiden
Wig - Maple
OP, socks - Metamorphose
Bag - Vintage
Shoes - Antaina
I hate that I look so stupid in my full coord pics <:(




 Later on we went to the cafe with the private cinema room where we watched Jan Svankmajer's Alice (1988) and took cute selfies together and chatted~!




No comments:

Post a Comment