Monday 6 April 2020

Social Distancing, Tekurori & a Doll Tea Party ∣ Coords




Recently with the lockdown and everything it's been hard for me to motivate myself to get dressed up. I spent a few days cleaning and reorganising my room, which made me feel a little more motivated to put together a coord since the area I take coord photos would be looking extra nice. I also went for a government mandated walk lol.


Headdress - Angelic Pretty
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Skirt - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Socks - ?
Shoes - Antaina


barinhas47


For April Fool's Day some of us on the Old School Lolita Discord decided we would pretend Texture Lolita was a thing (following a certain exchange Lima had on closet of frills). We would all put together a coord that was as good as any other coord we'd wear, and then post them to CoF and Instagram. I even wrote a blog, which if you paid attention to, did actually say April Fools at the bottom (which I have since made clearer now the day has passed).


Headdress - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Blouse - Alice Auaa
Cross - Mint Neko
Skirt - MILK
Socks - Lolitabutiken
Shoes - Antaina
Everything else - Offbrand


While we all devised our tekuloli idea, everyone actually started to love the new made up style. It kind of should be a thing tbh, although it doesn't really need its own name lol. It would just be cool to see more coords that play with texture.
I made my coord super witchy and I actually really like it, I feel like it's a waste just wearing it for an hour in my house. I wanna wear it out! > A <



Sorry if you fell for the Texture Lolita blog post, although I did actually write April fools right at the bottom!

barinhas47


A few days later I put together a doll like coord to have a tea party with my dolls, mainly so I could make a cute little aesthetic video. I even made a vanilla and strawberry cake, which was a little bit messier than I'd have liked it to be, but it's very delicious~


Bonnet - Innocent World
Wig - Maple
OP - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Shoes - Demonia
Bag - Vintage
'avin some tea with Usakumya, Beatrice, and Octavius


Although the bonnet isn't technically old school,  I decided to wear it with the coord as I was wearing the ivory Meta socks Josh gave me and the bonnet was the only non-white headdress that would go. It also adds to the doll aesthetic haha. I'd love a proper oldschool bonnet in the future, something like Momoko's, or possibly a gobelin/floral one, but unfortunately I don't have one currently.


During the 'tea party' I looked through one of my GLBs, but unfortunately despite filming it, it seems my camera ran out of memory space so it didn't record :( I absolutely love the google translate app, I used it to read some things I'd never read before, and discovered a little form asking readers which bits of the magazine they found interesting, uninteresting, whose street snap coords they liked etc. It's interesting to think how much this might have effected the future of lolita and our perception of it. I definitely plan on using the app to read more parts of my GLBs I hadn't looked at much.






barinhas47

4 comments:

  1. there's a really cute passage next to the contents page of GLB vol 2, if you have it i recommend you translate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have vol 2, I'll check that out thank you~!

      Delete
  2. I think you inspired me to get the Maple wig when I saw it in CoF. It's one of my favorite wigs, So thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love Maple wigs so much tbh, I'm pretty sure they're the only brand that make proper oldschool style ringlet wigs

      Delete