Wednesday 22 April 2020

Red 90s Coord, and Lots of Virtual Twinning ∣ Coords




During this lockdown I've been trying to keep myself somewhat active by planning to put on a coord on days with nice weather and going for a walk. On this day I'd decided to wear a (mostly) all red proto-lolita coord that I'd put together a few nights earlier. I know the reds are slightly different shades but tbh I don't really care. I don't think it's particularly detrimental to this coord, it's just a fun casual proto coord y'know~


Cutsew - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Necklace - Jane Marple
Skirt - Sweetie
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Shoes - Demonia
Everything else - Offbrand

When originally planning the coord, I thought it would be cool to have red shoes as well, but since the only red shoes I had were the rocking horse boots and I didn't think they were the right vibe. But I really wanted to wear the coord so I decided to tie in the black of the bags print and wear my demonias.
you know i had to do it to em
When I went for a walk I brought along my camera and filmed some stuff~






barinhas47


As the virtual twinning trend picked up, Lucy asked me if I wanted to twin my Meta Trumpet Sleeve Babydoll OP with her. Technically the dresses are different as she has the Organdy Babydoll OP from 2004 while mine is the Trumpet Sleeve Babydoll OP from 2000. But they are basically the same dress, with a couple of design tweaks. We also had the same mini crown, Lucy had actually gifted me mine years ago. so agreed to wear that as well.


Mini crown - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
OP - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Necklace - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Shoes - Demonia
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Parasol - Baby the Stars Shine Bright


And since it was a lovely day and I needed to get out, I once again went for a walk to my local greenish area and brought my camcorder with me. I love the rainbow-y effect it gets when filming greenery.


I absolutely love this dress so much, but wearing it again really highlighted to me how much I need to replace the elastic in the sleeves. When I bought the dress the elastic was completely stretched in the sleeves and it's quite unflattering, but I don't know how to replace it and I'm worried I'll do something wrong. Any help?


I also tried taking some photos with my camcorder too, because I wanted to see what the quality would be like, if it would have the same nice effect as the video. Buuut it's pretty hard to get into frame within the 2 or 3 second timer lol



barinhas47

Another person I virtually twinned with was Sailorrori, as I noticed we both have the same ETC dress. We planned out coords over chat and and put together similar outfits~! I love her headbow so much, the lace is lovely, it's definitely a bit nicer than mine lol, though they're both Baby. I thought it would be fun to edit us both onto a new background~


Headdress - Baby the Stars shine Bright
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Jsk - Emily Temple Cute
Bag - Vintage
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - Demonia

barinhas47

I've really enjoyed the long distance twinning, and I hope to do more in the future as I seem to own a lot off the same dresses as people in the oldschool discord!

barinhas47

4 comments:

  1. Instead of trying to take a photo with a 2-3 second timer, why don't you hold the pose whilst filming and then just screencap that for a photo? It might be easier to take this way. As for replacing sleeve elastic, I'm a total sewing newb, yet I managed to do it on a blouse without much issue. I honestly can't remember the step-by-step, but I think I simply googled 'how to change an elastic in a shirt' or something along those lines and found an easy enough tutorial to follow. As far as I remember, the scariest part was making a cut to open the little tunnel (I'm sure there's a technical name for it xD) to put the new elastic through that, but the rest was easy enough for a newb to do by hand in maybe half an hour tops. I have faith that you can do it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah screencapping the video was my original plan, it's actually what I was going to do with the first video. But then I just like the video haha. Also it turns out the photo quality is much higher than the video camera.
      T@hanks, I'll see if I feel brave enough to try fixing the elastic. Maybe I could just find a way to thread the new elastic through where the old elastic was...

      Delete
  2. Wow your hair is just incredible! I've noticed before but cant help but make a comment about the lovely texture.

    ReplyDelete