Tuesday 15 September 2020

4 Coords to End Summer ∣ Coords

 


While lockdown rules were still more relaxed, my comm had a meet to get the My Melody themed bubble tea frappe from Chatime. There was an optional theme to wear Sanrio themed coords, so I decided to wear the Cherry skirt Helena and Jordan got me for my birthday (which I just discovered is from 1996, and so the oldest piece in my wardrobe!). I had two coord idead: a My Melody themed coord with the skirt and my white bunny eared BTSSB hoodie and white accessories (I don't really have other pink things yet), or a more unconventional Kuromi themed coord which would mean using my Kuromi bag. I'm terrible at making decisions so I asked on discord and the overwhelming consensus was to go with the Kuromi coord~


Headdress - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Top - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Skirt - Jane Marple
Bag - Sanrio
Socks - Angelic Pretty
Shoes - Antaina


I was worried I wouldn't be able to join in and get a frappe with a cute Sanrio cup, but according to the staff they're dairy free so I was able to get one. I chose to get the strawberry flavoured one which was delicious, though incredibly sweet even with only half sugar. It is a very aesthetically pleasing drink~!


 

After we were done with our drinks we went around a few shops, but didn't get round to getting any group photos until several people had already left, which was a shame.



barinhas47


The following week, my cousin came up for the week to visit, and stayed with some other family. One of the days we spent hanging out together looking around charity shops, and getting bubble tea. I decided to put together a nice comfy coord because the weather that day was a bit crap.



Headdress - Chattering
Necklace - Emily Temple Cute
Top - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Skirt - Lolita Rose
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - Innocent World
Shoes - Demonia




barinhas47


The next day I once again joined my cousin and some other family members in going to an art gallery to see an exhibition on William De Morgan and Evelyn De Morgan. William  was a potter and tile designer in the late 1800s and early 1900s. I thought the designs on display were absolutely beautiful and very distinctive, I feel like I've seen some of them before. I recommend you check out his work! I thought Evelyn De Morgan's work was very skilled, especially the detail in the way she painted fabric, however I wasn't a big fan in her use of colour in the paintings on display. Still, she's far more talented than I could ever be.




I decided to wear the sailor blouse that Josh had given me, as I realised I hadn't yet worn it, and to pair it with my Heart E skirt that I hdn't worn in a long time.

Headdress - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Blouse - Offbrand
Skirt - Heart E
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Bloomers - Fanplusfriend
Socks - a gift
Shoes - Bodyline


After we were done looking around the De Morgan exhibition, we checked out the free parts of the gallery. I got some cute photos looking at the art. It's not often mentioned, but I do love the intricate frames old paintings are often displayed in.






p.s. if I look bad in any of these photos, I was feeling super run down from doing too much~

barinhas47


Then, at the beginning of September we had another small meet. We met at the park again but it was pretty windy and chilly now that summer was coming to an end. We ended up going to a cafe and chatting for a few hours, it was very nice and chill.

I've still been on my red streak, so put together this coord I had actually had in mind since like winter last year. Plus now I have a red mask to match the coord, it would've been great to have it earlier to go with my other red coords I wore recently.


Tiara - Claire's
Top - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Brooch - Emily Temple Cute
Skirt - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - offbrand
Shoes - Bodyline

barinhas47


As always, please do comment~

2 comments: