Monday 19 October 2020

Wearing Lolita After a Month & My House Kinda Set on Fire



Headdress - Bodyline

Necklace - Emily Temple Cute

OP - Metamorphose Temps de Fille

Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille

Socks - Metamorphose Temps de Fille

Shoes - Antaina



The past month has been pretty shit for me and as a result I didn't wear lolita or leave the house pretty much at all, thanks to coronavirus and the lockdown making my mental health even worse than usual. But I finally made some plans to go for a walk with my mum and decided to get dressed up too. Having actual plans with another person is the only way I can motivate myself to get dressed up at the minute, hopefully that changes soon, because with tougher lockdown rules and colder weather it's getting harder. It was really nice to see my mum, as it had been a long time thanks to covid.


I suggested we go to a near by cemetery as I thought it would make a nice backdrop for photos, but also I just really like cemeteries, I enjoy looking at the old graves and their designs. We got there around golden hour, so the light was great. I got all my photos with the flash on and I love the spooky look it gives the photos!

Here's a candid my mum got of me tying my headdress ribbons that accidentally got a cool effect from the shutter speed


That day was certainly eventful though. After a month of looking like shit I sat and did my makeup and got myself ready. Over the morning I noticed a slight bonfire type smell, particularly as I walked through the living room and kitchen, and there was a slight haze. As the morning progressed, the haze got worse and it even started getting a little bit hazy in my room, and the smell of burning got stronger. At first we'd assumed someone was burning something outside, but by this point the smoke definitely seemed to be coming from the house, so my dad was checking everywhere and even asked downstairs. I also checked around my room, although it seemed like my room was less affected than the  back of the house so I thought the source was unlikely to be from my room.



By now I was getting a bit panicky and decided to start packing up what I could, just in case we had to leave. I mentioned to my dad it probably wasn't a coincidence that the same day we had work done on the roof, there was a mystery fire somewhere, and he should probably call the fire brigade. Of all the days for this to happen I thought it was rather lucky it was the one day I did my makeup and looked presentable, after a month of  depression and looking like crap. The fire brigade turned up quickly  and determined that the work being done on the roof was the cause, and there was a small smoldering fire in the insulation of that part of the roof, and got it sorted. I was very glad I didn't have to escape with a few suitcases of burando and vintage dolls, although I'd trashed my room in the process of panic packing lol. It was especially annoying as I'd just reorganised and tidied up my wardrobe a few days earlier. Still, its better than losing my entire wardrobe if things had been worse.


So anyway, it had been an eventful day and I considered cancelling my plans, but decided against it as I thought I probably needed the fresh air after breathing in all that smoke, and I'd already gotten myself mostly ready. Below are some candids my mum took of me while we were out.




 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment