Tuesday 21 September 2021

A trip to London & Norwich │ Coords

 

barinhas47


The day after Raschel I had planned to get lunch with Lou (Gravelvet) after checking out of my hotel as I had a few hours to kill before taking the train to Norwich. I wore a simple coord I knew would be comfy for lugging around my suitcase and sitting on the train.


Headdress - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
OP - Angelic Pretty
Necklace - Emily Temple Cute
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Shoes - Demonia


We looked around for somewhere nice to eat with vegan options and ended up finding some food trucks. I got this delicious pumpkin katsu curry and we hung out for a few hours which was nice. Eventually I parted ways with Lou to catch my train and was met at the other side by Katherine of R.R. Memorandum, as I was staying with her and Lucy for a few days in Norwich.


barinhas47

On the following day Katherine had organised a picnic meet, partly because Lucy was having to leave a bit early the next day and Kath wanted something nice for her last full day in Norwich. I had asked in advance if I could wear the RRM one piece, so put together a coord using the accessories I brought. It's so cute and I wish I could've bought one! Lucy also let me wear her BTSSB necklace~


Headdress - Bodyline
OP - R.R.Memorandum (borrowed from Katherine)
Necklace - Baby the Stars Shine Bright (borrowed from Lucy)
Bags - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - Vivienne Westwood
Shoes - Antaina
Parasol - Baby the Stars Shine Bright


We went to the plantation gardens which was lovely. As you can see we got a lot of photos by the fountain! The only downside is is was a little overcast and chilly, but what do you expect from a British picnic lol. Unfortunately my shoe strap snapped off right at the beginning of the meet, which was annoying as I'd just gotten it fixed.




Most people brought something, either to share or for themselves. Katherine brought so many lovely baked goods that you can see below (they're her photos too). She made little apple pies, a vegan quiche using the green beans from her garden, sandwiches using cat shaped bread she baked, and scones with rose jam and vegan cream. RRM's tea lady Hannah turned up a little later and brought delicious home made biscuits, they were SO good~






Below are some aesthetic oldschool pics taken on my film camera





After the picnic we went into town and some people got tea. We sat and chatted on the steps of the forum for a while~







Love this little candid I got

I also filmed this very short (like <30 seconds) vid of the meet lol


barinhas47


Headdress - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Blouse - Metamorphose Temps de Fille 
Necklace - Baby the Stars shine Bright
Skirt - Baby the Stars shine Bright
Bags - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Shoes - Antaina


The next day Lucy would unfortunately be leaving early so wouldn't be able to join Katherine and I. Since I'd gotten to see a bit of Norwich the day before I asked if we could go to the many vintage shops around. Norwich has so many great vintage shops, tat shops, and antique markets! As you can see we got lots of candids and aesthetic pics.













As you can see, there were some amazing beautiful & lovely antique dolls and tbh I wanted to buy them all but I was worried about how I'd get them back since they're obviously quite fragile. In the end I only bought a few things as my suitcase was already very full. I did get one doll though for £18!! I'm thinking of either calling it Florian or Olive/Oliver (I also haven't decided whether its a girl or a boy). What do you think?




Once we were done with the antique shops we went to the cathedral to look around and take some more aesthetic photos. Although I'm not religious, I love a good cathedral. I just think they're incredibly beautiful, I love some good architecture.


I asked Katherine to get a photo of me in the cathedral on my film camera which you can see above. I accidentally damaged the last few bits of film in the camera which resulted in this red aura on the photo, I think it adds to it though and really like how it turned out. I would've liked to get more photos in the cathedral on film but there were a lot of people and I didn't want to be a bother. Katherine did get some lovely pictures of me on her nice camera though, and I took many photos of the cathedral and candids of Kath on my phone, all below.










Once we were done with the cathedral, we headed to a rather fancy cafe/restaurant for a treat. It was quite empty which was nice. We each ordered a rose latte and a strawberry parfait, both vegan of course. They were delicious and as you can see, very beautiful!



Kath took a pic of me on her instax when we got dessert


barinhas47

On my last day we woke up early to get ready as we had to get the train to London at 12pm. We arrived at about 2pm giving us a few hours to get lunch in London before my train home at 5pm. I chose something cute but comfy enough for travelling with a punky fruits type coord. I know its not really lolita but I wanted to include it anyway~



Coat - MILK
Cutsew - PUTUMAYO
Shorts - Bettys Blue
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - Offbrand
Shoes - Demonia



I had done some research on where to eat near Kings Cross and discovered a place called Thenga cafe that did Indian food. Their menu was small but everything looked really delicious. I ordered a masala dosa (very delicious potato inside a savoury pancake) which came with dal and a coriander chutney; Katherine got the same. I also ordered a samosa which I probably didn't need to as it was also full of potato, but everything was so delicious so I didn't mind haha. I guess this has become a food blog now lol.


Left: Inside the dosa, Right: the samosa. They were different, I swear!

barinhas47


Here's a bonus pic of my wardrobe with the same damage to the film~

barinhas47


2 comments: