Wednesday 7 December 2022

Bonfire Night & Vintage Markets ∣ Coords

 

The first weekend of November, Jordan organised a little meet up to go and watch the fireworks for bonfire night. Since we'd be standing out in the cold in the evening, I put together a coord I thought would be nice and warm with my velveteen Meta OP and new capelet. As it turned out I was still pretty cold. There were food stalls set up, so since it was teatime and I was freezing I ordered a really delicious vegan pizza. I think being so cold made it extra delicious. 


We watched the fireworks show and then got some photos before heading back home. It wasn't the longest meet but it was still fun and as always, lovely to hang out~

Earmuffs - Baby the Stars shine Bright
Wig - Maple
Capelet - Black Peace Now
OP - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Muff - Offbrand
Socks - Offbrand
Shoes - Antaina

A little later in the month there was a vintage market in town, and I had plans to go with my friends. I wanted to wear my new Emily Temple Cute cutsew, so put together this colourful coord as luckily it wasn't too cold that day. I was inspired by colourful 80s lolita that used a lot of primary colours, as well as the 90s does 60s aesthetic. I was getting a bit bored of having the same spot of my bedroom as my backdrop, especially since I'm rearranging things so it's sort of in limbo atm, so I decided to try and edit something like a magazine spread- what do you think? I think I still have some room to improve my graphic design skills tbh, once I'd removed the background from my coord photos I realised I had no clue what I wanted to do, but overall I'm happy with the edit I think.

Scarf - Bettys Blue
Necklace - Vivienne Westwood
Blouse - Putumayo
Cutsew - Emily Temple Cute
Skirt - Heart E
Socks - Jane Marple
Bag - Metamorphose
Shoes - Angelic Imprint
Watches - Super Lovers, 2nd hand


One thing I love about this vintage fair is everyone is so well dressed! As we headed in the lady at the ticket desk offered to take our photo which was very kind of her. I didn't buy much at the fair, but I did end up getting a lovely big gobelin bag to use in coords. In fact you'll see it later on in this blog.




Towards the end of November I had plans to meet up with my mum in town to do some shopping, and I felt like dressing up nicely. It was finally time to get out my favourite coat, so I wanted a coord that would go well with it. It was also incredibly cold so I had to make sure my coord would be cosy. I was originally going to go a bit more proto, but I realised I had to work with the wigs I had and I felt like the ringlets didn't lend itself to being too proto, so my idea kind of split into two coords and hopefully once my hair is grown out a bit more I might be able to wear the other. Or just wait until next November lol.

Headdress - Chattering
Wig - Maple
Coat - Bettys Blue
Tie - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Cardigan/cami set - MILK
Skirt - PUTUMAYO
Socks - RR Memorandum
Shoes - Demonia
Bag - Vintage


Anyway, here is a photo of me between two poufs that look like a pair of breasts, which I thought was hilarious. I mean they must have seen the similarity when designing them, right? And when they decided to put two next to one another?






Then the next day I had set up a meet to attend the same outdoor market as in September. Again since we would be spending most of our time outside, I put together a coord with that in mind. I also wanted to use my new bag that I'd gotten at the vintage fair! Since the colder months have crept in I've really been feeling the gothic vibes and wanting to just wear dark colours and gobelins and velvet.


Headdress - Bodyline
Wig - Maple
Blouse - Maxicimam
Cardigan - Innocent World
Capelet - Black Peace Now
Skirt - Heart E
Socks - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Shoes - Antaina
Bag - Vintage



This meet had a good turnout which was really nice. We looked around the market for a few hours; I mainly got some christmas presents for people. We also got food from the food stalls that were around; last time I said I was going to try a savoury crepe and I did, although I think the biscoff one was better. I think we also got stopped and asked why we were dressed like this a record number of times. Seriously, the number of times I or someone else in the group said "Oh it's a Japanese street fashion" and "we just dress like this" was a lot lol. Once we were all sufficiently freezing, we got our coord photos and headed over to a nearby cafe to warm up and sit down for a while before heading home.


ngl we all looked kinda bad in this one but i did my best to make us look decent

While waiting for the metro home I got some slightly cursed photos which you can see below. Now that the sun sets so early it's prime cursed photo season, so you may be seeing a lot of them haha.




2 comments: