Thursday 9 March 2023

Valentines Crafting & a Trip to Edinburgh! ∣ Coords

 


In February I organised a Valentines crafting meet up for my comm. Since for the meet I had suggested a Valentines theme for coords, and I really wanted to use my new matching Vivienne Westwood bag and teddy bear, I decided to put together a red and pink coord with them. I'm so happy to finally own this bag and teddy, they've been on my wishlist for quite some time after seeing the bag in so many snaps and falling in love with it! Annoyingly I managed to hold the bag with the orb embroidery facing me in the photos I took in my room lol.


Headdress - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Wig - Maple
OP - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Necklace - Emily Temple Cute
Teddy - Vivienne Westwood
Bag - Vivienne Westwood
Petticoat - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Socks - RR Memorandum
Shoes - Antaina


I had bought a bunch of crafting supplies for everyone coming to use at the meet and also brought some things from my own collection of scrapbooking materials. The idea was for us to make valentines cards, although tbh people could make whatever they wanted. We had a lovely cosy few ours crafting, I made a valentines card for a penpal. After that we got some coord photos and a group photo and headed home.






A bit later in February, I had a day trip to Edinburgh with my mum; we had plans to see the Doctor Who exhibition before it ended and maybe go to the dungeon. Since we'd be spending the entire day out and walking around a lot in the cold, I wanted to wear something that was cute but would be comfortable enough. I went for my trusty Putu skirt and my favourite new cardigan, and thought it would be cute to match my black and white bonnet with the skirt.



Bonnet - Lab de Merveilles
Wig - Maple
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Cardigan - Jane Marple
Skirt - Putumayo
Socks - a gift
Shoes - Antaina
Bag - Vintage
Coat - Milk
Parasol - Baby the Stars Shine bright


First we got lunch, we had planned to get an all day breakfast at a particular cafe which was a 30 minute walk, where I got to admire the gorgeous architecture of Edinburgh, but that cafe was closed that day (we're so good at planning ahead). On our way to find somewhere else to eat we came across a little vegan bakery called Black Rabbit, so I got a cruffin and cinnamon bun to take home with me. They were amazing, and it was a real treat getting to eat a pastry with vegan custard! Once we found somewhere else to eat I still got an all day breakfast because I wanted to try vegan haggis. It was my first time trying haggis and it was delicious, obviously I haven't tried "proper" haggis and idk how different it might be, but the veggie haggis was really nice. Why didn't we just have lunch at Black Rabbit? Honestly I don't know, I don't think we realised it sold things other than pastries lol.


After eating we headed over to the museum of Scotland to go to the Dr Who Worlds of Wonder exhibit. Apologies if you're not interested in Doctor Who, if you keep scrolling you'll find more photos from after the exhibition. You may or may not know, but I am a massive Doctor Who fan; I love both Nu Who and Classic Who and I was really excited to see what was featured. 




Some of the stuff was original and some was reproduction, so for example the First Doctor's console below was not the original (I imagine that has looooooong since been trashed kmao), but it was the one used in An Adventure in Space and Time.







I'm almost certain that this TARDIS is a reproduction, I seriously doubt they'd make a real one so touchable. I of course had to get some photos with it, though the lighting wasn't ideal. Also shout out to my mum for being kind enough to take so many photos for me~!





This area was particularly cool. I really enjoyed getting to compare the differences between the Classic and Nu versions of the same monsters, such as the old Ice Warrior vs the modern Ice Warrior queen. Even more than them I liked the comparison between the Classic Silurian, with it's silly little smiley beak face, compared to the modern sexy Silurian.




My parasol was supposed to look like the moisturiser gun but it doesn't really work


The Kerblam man was particularly horrific in real life, I mean it's a massive uncanny valley life sized "robot". Hence my face in the photo below.

After the Dr Who exhibit we were planning to go to the Edinburgh dungeon, until I noticed there was a fashion history exhibition downstairs in the museum. So we ended up looking around that instead.



The exhibit included clothes and accessories from the 18th century through to modern day, though I mostly photographed the antique stuff haha. It's a shame the room was so dimly lit, because the glass was incredibly reflective making it quite hard to photograph stuff well, but I tried. There was a section of just crazy designer shoes, and they had a pair of Vivienne Westwood rocking horse shoes!





This mid 18th century Robe a la Francaise was the real show stopper. It was so gorgeous in person and really tiny. The gold thread glittered so beautifully in the light. My mum did not understand the massive pannier at all lol.




After the museum we walked up to Edinburgh castle to see the view and look at the castle. It was golden hour, which made the view extra beautiful!








Eventually we made our way to a fancy restaurant we had booked to have dinner before heading home. We also got some silly photos in the funhouse mirrors outside of camera obscura. I think next time I come to Edinburgh I'd like to go there.


I also filmed some stuff on my camcorder:


2 comments:

  1. Never apologies for lots of pictures (especially when they're something you're excited about)! I enjoyed reading this ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, I just wanted non Dr Who fans to keep reading lol. And thank you! ♡

      Delete