Sunday 9 June 2019

Coords: International Lolita Day & More


Lots of cute photos inside, just click read more!



International Lolita Day was on the first Saturday of June, and our comm had a meet on the Sunday afterwards. It was just a cute casual little tea party among friends, hosted at Helena & Amelia's. After tea and food, and taking coord photos, we made our way across town to a vintage kilo sale that was happening. Despite being quite a chill day, we were all completely wiped out by the time we'd gotten bubble tea and made our way back to their house. It might have had something to do with the unusually close and muggy weather.


Since I got my coord photos in front of a blank wall, I decided I wanted to try my hand at removing the background again. I think this time I cracked it, and from now on I'll probably end up doing it more because I'm able to without it looking super messy. So of course, I added a fitting background to some of my pictures like that one girl from back then, and I left some of them transparent, because I love that aesthetic. Please do click on the pictures to admire my handywork!


OP - Angelic Pretty (borrowed)
Necklace - Jane Marple
Bag - Jane Marple
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - Demonia
Headdress - Bodyline


Since Lucy wore this beautiful floral OP to the David Lynch meet, she left it at mine for me to look after while she's unable to store all of her lolita wardrobe. And that comes with the wonderful bonus of being able to wear it. I of course wanted to wear it straight away, as well as my new Jane Marple necklace that Leila from the oldschool discord was kind enough to send me for my birthday. The necklace is super cool and interesting, it's a single chain with a charm at either end, and to wear it you essentially tie it in a loose knot around your neck. I've never seen a necklace like it before and I love it.


I also filmed another video with my camcorder:



a lil candid Jordan took of me


We of course got some group photos and a 'derp' picture

The kilo sale posted us to their instagram (they asked before they photographed us)





Then, the following week I met up for lunch with a friend, and wanted to wear some of my new items. That included a cute 2001 metamorphose bag I'd wanted since I saw it on lolibrary, but had never expected it to turn up for sale; it was the other thing that Leila so kindly send me for my birthday. 


My inspiration for my coord was a little bit elegant gothic, but a little bit experimental and weird, especially as the skirt is quite out of the ordinary. I decided to do a hairstyle I'd done once before when not wearing lolita, inspired by the sometimes strange hairstyles of the 90s.


Blouse - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Skirt - MILK
Bag - Metamorphose Temps De Fille
Necklace - Jane Marple
Shoes - Antaina
Teddy bear - Jane Marple
Tiara - Claire's Accessories


The Meta bag, I love it!



2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing your outfits, and especially love the oldschool edits on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It means a lot to get comments on here letting me know people like my posts ^u^

      Delete