Monday 27 May 2019

Coords: 90s Casual & David Lynch Meet

Lots of cool content below the read more....

In late May Helena organised a little last minute tea party at hers & Amelia's. They had a lovely spread of food and I wore a casual sort of 90s proto-lolita coord that really didn't fit the vibe haha. It was such a lovely chill day~



Hat - Offbrand
Blouse - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Skirt - PUTUMAYO
Socks - Lolitabutiken
Shoes - Demonia
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille



I've been really interested in all of the cool experimental 90s hairstyles that appear in Kera and FRUiTS with bits of yarn and cool extensions and stuff in them. I'd wanted to try experimenting with hair like that for a while now, so I braided my hair with little bits of yarn in each braid, though it's not too obvious from afar.





Then at the end of the month I hosted a David Lynch themed meet up for myself and Alice's birthdays. There's a cafe in town that has a little cinema room you can book for an evening, which has a red velvet curtain, and I thought it would just be perfect for the theme. We watched Mulholland Drive which I knew everyone would enjoy at least for it's gayness if nothing else, as pretty much the whole comm is gay lol. Everyone liked the film and was confused, of course.


Blouse - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Skirt - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Tights - offbrand
Shoes - Demonia
Headdress - Bodyline



It was encouraged for everyone to give their coord a light theme based on something by Lynch. I made myself a mask out of paper mache based on Mrs Tremond's grandson, and also the jumping man. Plus, I noticed my gobelin BTSSB skirt looks similar to the the wallpaper in the room above the convenience store (or whatever that specific room is called).



Lucy also came to stay at mine just to come to the meet which was so lovely!! She wore a beautiful oldschool Angelic Pretty OP which fit the theme of 'blue rose', and also wore accessories like cigarette hair pieces etc, to portray the darker side of Twin Peaks.


UNHhhhhhhhhhhh


We got lots of cute photos together~! I really liked Minty's coord concept, it was based on Nadine at the funeral.



I also recieved two super cute embroideries made by Helena (Fox and Rose), one was a birthday present from her and the other was a present from Lucy that she bought me. You can buy her embroideries on Etsy, she has loads of cute designs~


1 comment: