Friday 5 July 2019

3 Coords: Graveyard Picnic, Waffles, & Meeting Alaska


Click read more for lots of photos, three separate coords, and a video~

Cemetery Picnic


At the end of June the weather was lovely, so a friend and I went for a casual little picnic in a beautiful local cemetery. It was something I'd wanted to do for a while, as I find old cemeteries and graveyards beautiful and calming, and of course very goffik and ~aesthetique~ haha.



My inspiration for this coord was a few particular street snaps where girls use vintage gunne sax type blouses in their coords, particularly the few of Sachi.


I got some nice photos of the graves, and I was particularly interested by this first one.




It wasn't a particularly fancy picnic, we each brought our own little packed lunch and just sat, chilled and chatted for a few hours.



Headdress - Victorian Maiden
Blouse - Vintage
Necklace - 2nd hand
Skirt - Heart E
Bag - Vintage
Tights - Offbrand
Shoes - Bodyline
Parasol - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright


I also filmed a little video with my early 00s camcorder, complete with a Moon Kana song for the ultimate old school gothic lolita aesthetic:


Waffles & Errands


Then, at the beginning of July I needed to run some errands and decided to put something cute on and hang out with my friends while I did everything I needed to do. Jordan and I met up first and took some outfit photos before we started with our errands. I love taking photos in this alleyway, as I really like the tiles wall in all it's grubbiness, and I think it makes a good street snap location.


I'm quite happy with my coord for the minute, I really like strange and unbalanced coords. Of course they have to be unbalanced in the 'right' way. But I really do like slightly strange things like a mostly white coord with black accents, the striped socks etc, it gives off a sort of punky vibe even while being all frilly.


Headdress - Chattering
Blouse - MAM Maxicimam
Necklace - Closet Child
Skirt - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Teddy Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - Innocent World
Shoes - Demonia
Parasol - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Cross bag - Handmade



For whatever reason, I decided to take selfies in any mirror I saw because tbh they always look cool



We also went to Cream's as they have a vegan menu, and we all got dessert for lunch! I got the vegan waffle with chocolate sorbet and chocolate sauce, as did Amelia, while Jordan got vegan chocolate banana crepes, and Helena got a strawberry milkshake and cookie dough~ I did cover myself in napkins before eating my waffle lol. It was a delicious waffle, a treat I don't often have, but I wasn't able to finish it because it was so sweet and a huge serving!



Meeting Alaska


Only a few days later I went to see Alaska's show The Amethyst Journey, and decided to wear lolita. I was lucky enough to have a meet & greet ticket as well, and I was incredibly nervous. Both Alaska and Jeremy were lovely and of course Alaska was flawless, and they both loved my outfit! I also gave Alaska the painting I did of Lil Poundcake, which I hope she likes. I did film the entire interaction, and when the official meet & greet photos get posted I will update this post with them~




Unfortunately I was only able to get mirror shots of my coord and they're not the best quality. I'd had my Meta trumpet sleeves OP planned to wear to this show for a while, as I haven't worn it in a long time. I wanted to coord it differently to the lest two times I'd worn it, with my natural hair and no peeking bloomers for maximum leggy. Originally I was going to wear my Meta plush mini crown headdress but I almost always feel it looks silly so I just went with the rectangle one again. It's not really visible but I did also wear my black crown necklace.


I love this OP so much but I feel like there are few suitable times to wear it ; A ;

Headdress - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
OP - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Bags - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Tights- Offbrand
Socks - Lolitabutiken
Shoes - Antaina








Please do comment, I always appreciate your interaction~

4 comments:

  1. Aw, graveyard blogging. A long-time guilty pleasure of mine! The white coord with very minor black details is typically the sort of things I would try in dress up games. But then again all coords here channel the spirit so well. Hope this Meta dress will reappear again someday in better light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely plan to wear the Meta dress again when I can take better photos, although idk when that will be~

      Delete
  2. This first coord got same vibes as real old school photos. It´s awesome! (*^▽^)/

    ReplyDelete