Saturday 21 September 2019

My First Proper Oldschool Coord - 2014 ∣ Throwback





This was my first ever proper old school coord, back in June 2014. My comm had a Kamikaze Girls themed meet up, where we of course watched Kamikaze girls and it was encouraged to wear oldschool inspired looks. I had just recently bought this beautiful 2001 one piece from my friend Josh, Little Princess Velveteen OP by Baby the Stars Shine Bright. I took a look through my FRUiTS books for inspiration particularly on hair, and decided to put it in high pigtails and tease, hoping it would look okay without a fringe.


OP - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Headpiece - Bodyline
Socks - Bodyline
Bag - Vintage
Shoes - Vintage
Bloomers - Fanplusfriend
Necklace - Offbrand


I had always had a special place in my heart for old school lolita, thanks to growing up with one of the FRUiTS photo books. But it was 2014 that I was starting to realise that I didn't enjoy getting swept up in the trends and that I really loved oldschool. This meet up and this coord is what made me start transitioning my wardrobe to mostly oldschool lolita.




Later in the year I also put together this coord which I guess is somewhat oldschool. I was feeling the sickly Edwardian child vibes.


OP - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - Bodyline
Headdress - Bodyline, customised by me
Necklace - Claire's Accessories

I don't know why my face... looks like that lol


I'll continue to post throwbacks to my old coords

2 comments:

  1. Aw, you look so young and innocent in that first selfie - but also giving that vibe of 'I love this fashion, it makes me feel amazing'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you pretty much hit the nail on the head lol~ Thank you ^u^

      Delete