Saturday 14 September 2019

Coords: Punky, Gingham-y




A while ago I was to have a casual dinner out with my mum and felt like wearing something cute. I decided to put together a punkish coord to submit to Kei's oldschool coord contest, using my Putu hoodie and Blabla Hospital arm band. But in the end I decided not to submit this one as I feel many wouldn't think it's lolita enough and I don't think it's my strongest coord tbh.


Headdress - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Choker - I forget
Hoodie - PUTUMAYO
Armband - Bla Bla Hospital
Skirt - Bodyline
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Tights - Customised by me
Shoes - New Rocks


THIS IS IRONIC I PROMISE

barinhas47

Then the next day I joined Helena & Amelia for 'cafe club', where they try out new cafes in the city. I really felt like wearing my Sweetie skirt again, and had been thinking for a while that using my BTSSB frill petticoat underneath would work as a way to elongate it, making it quite versatile. I also remembered how great this cutsew/cardigan is, idk why I don't wear it more.


Since it was the evening, the cafe we were going to was about to close, so instead we just got our cake to-go and sat outside. I got treacle tart which was delicious but very sweet and sickly!

(Btw I know the bag looks a bit messy with 2 pom poms missing, and I am going to fix it, but it just fit the coord so well!... I also wish I'd gotten photos somewhere with less rubbish)


Parasol - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Headdress - Bodyline
Necklace - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Cutsew - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Skirt - Sweetie
Underskirt - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - Bodyline
Bag - Primark



I also filmed a video with my camcorder
and made them into gifs





barinhas47

Please do comment if you like the post, hearing it reassures me I'm not just talking to an empty room lol

7 comments:

  1. I love this look so much! Bless you for being such an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For once I prefer the sweet coord! Everything goes so well together, I wish modern lolitas would revert to this way of composing an outfit, I mean, with less visual blurb and more room for a few elements to stand out. See, even that petti lace is noticeable from afar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do like both ways of coording, but I agree it would be nice to see more of the latter, especially with modern pieces!

      Delete
  3. I love your blog so much, there's something about seeing how much time you put into the coords and the photos and the knowledge you have about the history of lolita- it makes looking through the posts so calming for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog and I like it so much. <3 Looking at a million posts!

    ReplyDelete