Friday 27 September 2019

February-June 2015 Coords ∣ Throwback



Six coords and lots and lots of photos~


I decided that for 2015 I wanted to wear mostly oldschool coords, and this was my first one of the year in February. I knew that in most oldschool coords, the girls would have very minimal makeup, so I gave it a go, but as you can see it doesn't look too great.


Back then I was a lot less in touch with the nuances of oldschool, but I did know the sorts of things that would be seen and were different from modern lolita. I had this wonderful Innocent World Velveteeen Tiered JSK, from 2002, and I knew Josh had a Meta headdress in the same colour so I asked to borrow it. I also wanted to wear a ringlet wig as that was one of my favourite features in oldschool, however I just owned a somewhat ratty bodyline wig at the time, and I honestly didn't see the difference... kinda yikes but hey. Despite the few things I mentioned, I still really like this coord.

Josh and I giving you iconic oldschool resting bitch face street snap vibes
this makeup aint it chief
Even back then one of my favourite oldschool features was teddy bear bags in a coord, so while it might not quite go with the more classic vibe of the dress, I don't hate it at all. And of course, I wanted to try the 'white shoes with a coloured dress' look; when I posted it to Closet of Frills everyone told me I should wear red shoes and I had to explain why I chose to wear white ones. It's interesting to think that now that's much less likely to happen now with the resurgence of oldschool.

Headdress - Metamorphose (borrowed from Josh)
Blouse - Innocent World
JSK - Innocent World
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - Bodyline
Bag - Vintage
Necklace - Offbrand




 

A bunch of candids were taken too, and I do love candids!
We were at Beamish, an open air museum of a Victorian village, so the surroundings are extra aesthetic~









The next oldschool coord I wore in 2015 was to the Densetsu trial run (I think that's what it was). I was so excited to wear this OP as it was my first gobelin piece. It's still one of my favourite main pieces. I was originally going to wear a flower crown with my coord (as the meet theme was mother nature) but eventually decided to go with my Innocent World bonnet even though it isn't proper oldschool, it does work nicely with the coord.


Bonnet - Innocent World
OP - MAM Maxicimam
Bloomers - Fanplusfriend
Bag - Vintage
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - Bodyline


I really like this candid photo


shnoz



This one was one I wore for a casual day hanging out with my friends. Despite not owning much authentic oldschool brand at the time, I wanted to try an EGL type coord with that I did have, and this was the result. I don't hate the attempt, although OTKs might have looked better and of course a better ringlet wig.

Headdress - Bodyline (borrowed)
Blouse - Innocent World
Skirt - Bodyline
Bag - Vintage
Socks - Offbrand
Shoes - Bodyline 



This was another coord for casually hanging out with friends, I think in April. I don't love this one but I think that's because I look ugly in the photos.


JSK - Innocent World
Socks - Offbrand
Bag - Vintage
Everything else - Bodyline




In May 2015 we went to Durham for an 'angels and demons' themed meet, and I knew that was the perfect opportunity to do an 'oldschool angel' look, as they are some of my favourite old school lolita photos. I had just received this JSK for my birthday and discovered it had a really long torso (this is after crossing the straps to shorten it).


JSK - Metamorphose
Everything else - Bodyline


These two photos are still some of my favourite of myself, and I'm so glad I got them while we were waiting around for everyone to get their coord photos. I do wish my wig was less ratty but tbh I still love the nostalgic and magic vibe the pictures give off~


After lunch we moved to the graveyard outside of Durham cathedral to take photos. Eleanor had brought her film camera and offered to take photos of anyone who gave a little bit of money towards the development cost. I got a few on my own, and a few with Alice and the results were really nice.






Someone also took this candid of Eleanor and I planning where to take the photos and I love it.





I really hated (and still kind of do) how this coord turned out. I had bought a second bodyline ringlet wig, this time in brown, but the ringlets were a lot looser than my blonde one which really throws off the oldschool-ness. I had just gotten those white platforms from bodyline too, excited to have some more shoes for oldschool, however I think the shape just doesn't really work for oldschool.

OP - MAM Maxicimam
Socks - Secret Shop (I think?)
Bag - Vintage
Everything else -Bodyline



That being said, the gifs and photos I took on my webcam before leaving the house looked super cute so I think maybe stuff like camera quality, colours, and angles etc might have played a part in hating the full coord shot as well as it not being a great coord.




I'll be posting more throwbacks soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment