Wednesday 9 October 2019

Coords: Classic Bouquet & Rainy Days



So this is a coord I wore to the first meet of October, where we were to watch a film. Now the weather is getting colder, I felt like wearing my bouquet OP again which reminded just how big it is on me lol. Also I'm pretty sure I broke my toe in these shoes.



Since the meet was Ghibli themed, people had voted on which film we were going to watch and Kiki's Delivery Service ended up winning. Unfortunately despite everyone voting on a film, when I got there, there was only myself and Jordan, with Debbie turning up later. I felt so bad for Jordan as it takes a lot of effort to organise a meet like this and a lot of money to book the room. Plus we totally could've watched my first choices of film if we'd known (either Castle in the Sky or Princess Mononoke). Regardless, we made the most of having the room to ourselves and enjoyed Kiki's Delivery Service. 


Headdress - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
OP - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Bag - Vintage
Socks - Metamophose Temps de Fille
Shoes - Antaina


Here's our joke group photo. Although tbh it's just a cute photo together.


Edit: When posting my coord photos to facebook, Kato mentioned that she had only created 5 of this dress in each colourway. I feel even more grateful to own this OP now~!





barinhas47


The next week I needed to run some errands in town so made plans to meet up with Helena and Jordan and get some bubble tea at the same time. The weather was a bit miserable and rainy but it was still nice to hang out, plus while we were at the bubble tea place we were joined by Amelia who had been in town for a haircut and colour which was lovely  as it had been a while~
Recently Minty gave me all of his RHS boots which was really sweet, so I was dying to wear them and put together this coord with the red pair.


Headdress - Bodyline
Necklace - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Blouse - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Jsk - Angelic Pretty
Bloomers - Fanplusfriend
Bag - Metamorphose
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - Bodyline
Cloak - Fanplusfriend



I also decided to film a bit because it felt like it had been a while since the last one:



barinhas47


Not much later in October we had a nice chill meet up. Since getting the rocking horse shoes I'd been excited to wear this coord, just in time for the chillier weather. I'd originally wanted to wear this to hang out with Helena & Jordan but I'd had to go and get the sole of the black RHS fixed before I could wear this one.


Headdress - Bodyline
Blouse - Baby, the Stars shine Bright
Cutsew - Baby, the Stars shine Bright
Skirt - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Bloomers - Fanplusfriend
Socks - Innocent World
Shoes - Bodyline
Coat - MAM Maxicimam
Wig pieces - FancyNancyHairUpdos

~Obligatory oldschool photo~
For the meet up we first went to Yo Sushi, where I was very annoyed to discover the prices had gone up making it pretty much not worth going there anymore. After that we got coord photos and then headed to one of our favourite tea houses for tea and cake. I got chai and soup, though I was more interested in the bread and homemade hummus that came with the soup haha. Some people came a little bit later and we all just had a good chat~




barinhas47

If you enjoy the post please do comment~

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoy seeing your posts and videos! There's just something so nice about seeing people going out and living their lives in the fashion we love (especially old school.) I don't know if you have to tease your hair out or if it has that texture naturally, but count me as envious. It suits your looks very well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's so nice to know you enjoy my blog~! This is completely my natural hair, I don't need to tease it or anything (although I'm wearing clip in ringlet pigtails in the third coord) Thank you <3

      Delete
  2. I just got into lolita and fell head over heels for old school, in no small part to your blog! Your coords are so cool and that "My Favourite Things In Oldschool Lolita" post in particular is super inspiring <3

    I bought a 2007 JSK from AP, but was told it isn't lolita because it has the wrong silhouette. Do you think a beginner should stay away from old school until they've done more modern, rules abiding coords? I feel like people will get mad at me if I try to do old school even though I don't have experience.

    Sorry if springing that question on you is inappropriate, I'm feeling very lost and discouraged, I was so excited about my JSK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi~
      I'm so glad you've found a love for old school lolita as a beginner~! I don't think you have to stay away from oldschool just because you're a beginner. First off, not all old school lolita coords automatically break the rules, there are plenty of oldschool coords that fit with today's lolita standards.
      So with that being said, until you have the basics and the rules down and know how to properly fit the aesthetic of lolita and tell the difference between what is good and bad quality etc, you should stay away from the more experimental oldschool looks and stick to the more easily recognisable and easily achieved ones. If people are telling you this AP dress is the wrong silhouette, I would wait until you have more experience to coord it for lolita.

      It might be easier for you to wear what I call 'traditional lolita'- which is basically taking the most common and well known features of old school and wearing them in a way that is a bit more accessible to the modern lolita (i.e. not worrying about whether lace, shoes, hair etc are 'true to period'). I hope my comment is useful

      tl;dr- you can wear oldschool as a newbie but don't try to experiment too much and stick to the rule abiding coords.

      Delete
    2. Take a look at my google photos album, where I've tried to compile all the old school coords I can find from back then. Hopefully you'll be able to see which coords will fit the modern rules, those are the coords you should use as your old school inspiration until you have enough experience. If you really really want to wear oldschool you can also read my How to Dress in Oldschool Lolita blog post to see what sort of things you might need to consider~

      https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNc16BldLeVsdFllM2oh5LIUkrLiG6LkEXS2FGCR7STTocJ4ZXmKPpD7byCioOZjA?key=S3J3eHNyYVN1d1B0VWNtZjV3M1UzNlhQLUxlUDRB

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for your advice, it really does help putting things into perspective, I got way too caught up in how to experiment with things already.
      I like the idea of trying to go for "traditional lolita" first, since it's also easier finding guides and resources for it.

      I'll definitely look for something I can wear properly before trying to break the rules :) And that JSK looks very cute just sitting on my mannequin too, for now.

      (Also wow, looking at that album is super nostalgic. I was viskei back in the day, so there was a lot of overlap... probably also the reason why I'm so into it now.)

      Delete
  3. Wow, the detail of the limited release of this dress is incredible! I've always wondered what was the scale of lolita brands in the beginning. And really, can these collars get any larger (bless them).
    Your comm is lucky to have this theater available for rental. Your first choice of Ghibli would also had been mine, although actually I *did* see Laputa in theaters on the occidental release. Always a pleasure to see your outfits and your friends', as there seems to be a vein of oldschoolness running in your comm' <3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's such an interesting insight into the early days of lolita and brands.
      The little cinema room is great and I'm glad we have it, it's part of a tea house that has loads of lovely teas and food~
      Thank you <3

      Delete