Tuesday 10 December 2019

Coords: Comfy Casual, Winter Velvet, and ILD


Three coords, a whole lot of photos, 2 videos and an angry story below~




Around mid November, I had some errands to run and hadn't worn lolita since the Halloween meet . So despite being in the midst of the flu I decided to put on a nice comfy casual coord I'd had drawn  out for a while but was never really sure if I'd wear. It could be considered an experimental look by some, but I love the slightly disjointed looks similar to this in old street snaps.


Cardigan - MILK
OP - MAM Maxicimam
Socks - Innocent World
Shoes - Vintage
Ear muffs - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Coat - MAM Maxicimam
Bag - Handmade


I met up with Helena while in town and got the errands done, and we ended up hanging out in a cafe with some other friends of mine. I introduced them to Helena, and they introduce me to a girl I hadn't met before, and then later we ended up chatting to another girl in the cafe, so we all ended up making new friends haha. Also the christmas lights are up now and it's pretty.


barinhas47


It wasn't then until early December that I got to wear lolita again. I was supposed to meet with Helena to give her something I'd donated for the ILD meet raffle, and was going to take the opportunity to wear lolita since it had been a long time again. Unfortunately Helena wasn't feeling well so we had to reschedule, but Jordan would also be in town so I still got dressed up to hang out with her for a few hours. It felt nice just to dress up and hang out with a friend for a while~



Since it's winter now I decided it's finally time to get out the velvet coords! I'd recently gotten a nice black wig from Leila as she was giving away some old wigs she didn't want anymore on the oldschool discord, and decided to try it out with a lolita coord. Jordan said it looked nice, and I like it too, though I think in the future I'll wear some eyeliner with it so my eyes pop a bit more.


Headress - Bodyline
Wig - 2nd hand
Blouse - Baby the Stars shine Bright
Necklace - Jane Marple
JSK - Innocent World
Socks - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Shoes - Antaina
Bag - Vintage
Capelet - Angelic Pretty
Muff - second hand


Here's a little video I made as well:


Unfortunately while I waited for Jordan, I made the mistake of standing my one of the stalls at the christmas market. Some rude lady started taking my photo directly in front of me, despite me shaking my head no. Her daughter/niece/granddaughter gave me an apologetic look which I appreciated, but I was pretty taken aback as I'd just been minding my own business. So I told her I'd prefer if she had asked if she could take my photo, and asked her to delete the photos. She told me tough, to which I replied it was pretty sure, and she told me tough again, started arguing at me that she was 'enjoying the festivities' and was photographing everything, and that I was "being paid for this anyway". At this point I very frustratedly told her that no, I was not being paid to do anything.


Luckily that got her to begrudgingly apologise and say she'd delete the photos, but not without telling me she thought I was "part of the festivities" in a tone that implied it was my fault for somehow misleading her, and then repeating the same thing to her family with the same tone.

I really can't believe the entitlement of some people. Even if I had been employed to.. idk stand there I guess, it's polite to just ask. Most of the time I ignore everyone's stares and snickers but I really can't stand being photographed like I'm a zoo attraction when I'm just trying to go about my life, and then to be argued at and treated like I'm being rude or unreasonable when I (quite calmly) confront them.

Sorry this is pretty negative, it just really got to me today haha. Although on a brighter note, not much later a nice old lady walked past me and said I looked gorgeous or something to that effect which cheered me up a bit~



I do need to neaten up the fringe slightly~

barinhas47


Then on the first Saturday of  December it was International Lolita Day, and Helena had organised a lovely tea party for the comm. We had afternoon tea, goody bags and christmas crackers, as well as a bring and buy and a raffle. I had such a lovely time chatting with everyone, catching up with friends I hadn't seen in a while and meeting new members. We also had fun messing about making monsters out of the reindeer pom pom craft kits (which you can see in the vlog below)~



Headdress - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Wig - Maple
Capelet - Angelic Pretty
Necklace - Baby, the Stars shine Bright
OP - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Bag - Jane Marple
Socks - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Shoes - Demonia


I also filmed a vlog of the day~




The afternoon tea had a vegan one for anyone vegan or lactose intolerant, which was very delicious!



And of course we got some lovely group photos:~



Obligatory stupid pic
I like this cursed image lol
barinhas47

2 comments:

  1. Velvet season is the BEST season! Wine velvet is a forever favourite. Just noticed how your bed sheets are as close at it gets from actual gobelins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love that it's time to get the velvet pieces out~! And I never thought about that with the blanket haha, I think the eiderdown belonged to my great grandma~

      Delete