Thursday 10 August 2023

June Heatwave, July Barbie & Ghost Walk │ Coords

 


Back in June when it was still in the heatwave, Helena organised a J-fashion meet up to coincide with a local con that was happening. Although I wasn't attending the con, I did go to the meet to take some photos and later meet up with Lucy who was in town. 

Headdress - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Necklace - Vivienne Westwood
JSK - Jane Marple
Bag - Vivienne Westwood
Skirt - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - MILK
Bracelet - MILK
Backpack - Vintage

I was very excited to finally get an opportunity to wear the 1995 (or older) Jane Marple JSK I had bought in winter, and went for a weather appropriate coord. I'm pretty sure the JSK was designed to be worn blouseless, which was handy as like I said above we were having a heatwave and it was very hot. I went for a very FRUiTS coord as I also bought some vintage MILK boots that went very nicely with the JSK. If course I couldn't resist editing my coord photo like a snap because I am predictable.



The next day our comm had a belated ILD meet, which was afternoon tea. An old comm member, Hannah, who no longer lives in Newcastle was in town for the con so she was able to come to the meet which was lovely! This day was even hotter than the last and forecast for a thunderstorm so very close. Despite this I did want to wear a "proper" coord since it was the ILD meet. Lucky for us the venue had air conditining!

I did take photos of the food but it was quite dark inside so they weren't too impressive. The food for the vegan afternoon tea was nice, though a little odd for an afternoon tea with my favourite being crispy cauliflower with gochujang sauce. All the vegan cakes were lovely though very rich so I ended up taking some home.



Headdress - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Cutsew - Putumayo
Purse - Patchy
Skirt - MILK
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Tights - Offbrand
Shoes - Antaina



Then in July Jordan organised a meet to go and see Barbie. Our local indie cinema was hosting a Barbie afternoon tea followed by a screening of the film, so our plan was to go to that. Unfortunately the tickets for that sold out super quickly, so instead we went for lunch at a cute café before going to see the film. 

By now the weather had turned and literally all July it was cold and rainy :(. Of course, I put together a very pink coord as is the law when going to watch Barbie. As I'd just re-dyed my hair I wore my white bodyline headdress for the first time in ages, I didn't want to risk any red rubbing off on my BTSSB one lol.

Headdress - Bodyline
Necklace - Vivenne Westwood
Cutsew - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Skirt - Jane Marple
Bag - Vivienne Westwood
Backpack - La Luice
Socks - Heart E
Shoes - Antaina

A random cute candid I got of Jordan at M&S after the film lol




A few days later I had a day out with my mum. She invited me to see the Barbie film with her- apparently when I mentioned we couldn't go to the Barbie afternoon tea she thought we hadn't seen the film either. I put together another pinkish coord, though not quite as sweet as the last. I'm really enjoying my red hair with lolita!


Headdress - Bodyline
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Tie - MILK
Cardigan - Jane Marple
Skirt - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - R.R.Memorandum
Shoes - MILK


I finally got to get my Barbie box photo, since the smaller indie cinema didn't have one I requested we watch it at the bigger cinema this time. Totally worth it lol.
We actually saw Barbie at the end of the day, before that we got lunch and then went to an exhibition at an art gallery showcasing Pre Raphaelite art and British Impressionists. The gallery allowed photography as long as it wasn't just of individual paintings and the flash was off, so I got a few~


You can't see it but the colours used on the mountain remind me of the backdrops in Barbie land








Right at the end of July, Rival had organised a ghost walk meet. I'd been wanting to wear my Good Luck set again for a while now and decided this was a good opportunity. I nearly wore a wig with my coord but decided instead to go with my actual hair and the red hair pieces, and I love how it looks! Very 90s mallgoth lolita but like in a good way. I also finally wore these boots that I bought ages ago.


Headdress - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Choker - Vintage/handmade
Set - Good Luck
Socks - Lolitabutiken
Shoes - Antaina
Bag - La Luice


We got sushi & cocktails first then had some time to kill so we spent some time taking coord photos. Unfortunately my close up photos were out of focus (the perils of having a new camera), but the ones in the doorway turned out really nicely! Also as you saw above, I took a couple of "just in case" photos before I left which came in handy.

The ghost walk itself was fun. The host was an old goth who spotted us and asked if we'd been to Whitby before, and was generally very friendly. We did not see any ghosts unfortunately.




2 comments:

  1. Your stark red hair looks gorgeous with both sweet lolita and gothic coords *-*
    I can't decide which outfit is prettier, but the Good Luck set is to die for! Never heard of them but love their oldschool gothic/hime style~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah Good Luck is a costume brand but this one set they make is really cute~

      Delete