Friday 6 October 2023

August Trips to York & Beamish│Coords

 


At the start of August I had plans to meet up with a friend. It was pretty warm that day so I put together a punky coord I'd had in mind for a while since having red hair. I do wish the red of the tartan tights matched the other reds a bit better though.

Headdress - Metamorphose
Cutsew- Putumayo
Skirt - Marble
Tights - Ebay
Shoes - Antaina
Bag - Metamorphose


A bit later in the month, I had a day trip to York with my mum. I thought it would be nice to wear lolita since there would be lots of photo opportunities.
I wanted to wear my new gobelin Wirehead headdress, so based my coord around that. 



The first thing we did when we got to York was make our way to the shambles. It was incredibly busy so we didn't stay for long, but I did get those two photos above.  Next we headed to a café that we'd booked an afternoon tea at. It was really nice for a vegan afternoon tea, though we both ended up taking top top two cakes home with us because it was very filling, which was a nice treat for later!


After that we decided to go to York Castle Museum. It was my first time going and it was really cool! They have some rooms set up like the Victorian era, 18th century and 17th century full of gorgeous things; they also have an exhibit on vintage toys.




 



The toy exhibit leads to the fashion history exhibit, which I'm sure you all know by now is my thing. They had one of Queen Victoria's dresses as well as many other lovely pieces on display which you can see below, like some amazing 70s shoes and a Vivienne Westwood outfit. I actually asked my mum to get a few candid photos of me looking at stuff but all the good photos ended up being ones where I'm looking at the camera lol.













The coolest part about the museum is that they have a recreation of a Victorian street inside! It was incredibly cool. You could go down little side alleys and inside some of the shops too. The one downside was it kind of smelled like piss and I'm still unsure whether that was a choice or not... I think it was. I'm not sure that was a necessary addition.
In the Victorian street were shops like a chemist, a sweet shop you could actually buy sweets from, a milliners, 2nd hand clothes, toy shop, etc. It was, however, very dark. Even in the "day" part of the cycle.








Once we'd spent a good chunk of the day in the museum, we headed back outside. Out the front of York Castle Museum there's a carousel. It's actually the same one I went on the last time I was in York back in 2021 for a tea party, which you can read about in this old blog post. Naturally, I needed to go in it again, since it's such a cool photo op for lolita. 




After that we looked for somewhere to sit for a while before we got dinner and ended up in the garden outside of Yorkshire museum. If I can go to York again in the future I'd like to check that museum out, though it doesn't look like it's as cool as York Castle Museum haha. While in the garden area, I spotted a Barbie box someone had made which was out for people to get photos in, so of course I got a photo inside! My coord doesn't necessarily match it but I couldn't not get a photo.



Headdress - Wire Head
Wig - Maple
Necklace - Jane Marple
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Skirt - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Bag - Vintage
Socks - Innocent World
Shoes - Antaina
Parasol - Baby the Stars shine Bright


After dinner we made our way back to the train station. It was golden hour meaning the light was gorgeous, so I got some nice photos on the bridge. It was a really great day out at York and I'd love to go back again in the future. It's a beautiful city with beautiful architecture and there's probably a lot more to see~





At the end of August, I hosted a little meet up at Beamish, since I needed to make use of my year pass to make it worthwhile. I had originally planned to wear a Angelic Pretty strawberry print OP I got recently and was excited about, but the weather ended up being forecast to rain so I had to change my coord last minute. Instead I decided to wear a simple black and white coord with another fairly recent addition to my wardrobe, Baby's Karami skirt. I made the coord a little more interesting with my Wirehead headdress, which initially planned on pairing with the gobelin handbag above, however I felt like it looked a bit off with my red hair so ended up going for the Meta handbag instead.



Headdress - Wirehead
Blouse - MAM Maxicimam
Cardigan - Jane Marple
Skirt - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Bag (in above pic) - Vintage
Socks - Innocent World
Shoes - Demonia (customised)


Beamish is an open air museum, with different areas dedicated to portraying the north in various time periods. There's a 1900s town, 1950s town, 1900s pit village, 1940s farm, 1820s landscape, etc. You can get to each by taking either a 1950s bus, a 1900s coach, or a 1900s tram.



We arrived at lunch time, so our first stop was to 1950s town, which is a fairly new addition to Beamish and still being built. 1950s town has a chip shop that has the option for vegetarian chips as well as the regular (for the time period) ones cooked in animal fat. The line for the chip shop was massive and of course the rain started as we waited in the line which was just our luck. And to be honest, the vegetarian chips weren't that great, they tasted kind of stale.


Lucky for us we headed to 1900s town next where we got something from the bakery which made up for it; the bakery is really great and has a bunch of vegan options which is even better. We spent the rest of the day looking around 1900s town. There's a bunch of buildings, all of which you can go inside and explore. One place I was hoping to get to go to this time was the funfair which is slightly outside of 1900s town. However the weather didn't really allow it, so I guess I'll just have to go back next summer!
 I didn't get as many photos on my camera around the place due to the weather, but hopefully you'll enjoy the photos I got on my phone~
















Lastly, in September I had plans for Minty to come over to mine to play Psychonauts, a video game I love and thought Minty would like too. I didn't have much energy but I wanted to look cute so I put together this comfy roomwear coord.

Top - MILK
Bloomers - Taobao
Socks - Antaina

4 comments:

  1. I adore every single one of your coords!! I absolutely love reading your blog posts and wish more Lolitas would do posts like this again...it's absolutely amazing!!💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 I wish that too, but be the change you want to see I guess!

      Delete
  2. I love going to beamish in lolita but often people think I work there °•° (also I love your blog ♡)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, iirc a staff member actually asked if we were there as some sort of performance lol. Also if you're local you should join my comm!

      Delete