Tuesday 28 November 2023

Wearing New Dresses in Autumn │Coords

 


Headdress - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Necklace - Emily Temple Cute
Blouse - Cornet
JSK - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Bloomers - Fanplusfriend
Socks - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Shoes - MILK
Bunny bag - La Luice
Bag - Vivienne Westwood


In September I hosted a meet up to go charity shopping and get crepes with my comm. I had a few new dresses I wanted to wear and decided on a sax coord with my new BTSSB jumperskirt. If I were in a FRUiTS snap my point of fashion would be lace & frills, as I thought it would be cute to become as frilly as possible with my La Luice bag and Cornet blouse. I love how the chunky MILK boots balance out the coord.

This meet up was fairly relaxed, as we went for lunch at a crepe place and then went around all the charity shops. I got a cool picture frame with some 3d paper art of a bear which I'll hopefully put on my wall at some point. We also found a cool vintage tat shop. I didn't get anything from there but I did consider it, though there was this life sized Dracula statue that of course I had to get photos with because it was funny.


After going through all the shops we were all fairly exhausted. Helena headed home and the rest of us headed back to the crepe place, as one comm member had arrived late due to bus cancellations and so missed lunch, and we all wanted a warm drink and a sit down. This time I got a sweet crepe to share with Lulu as a whole one would probably be too much. It had biscoff spread with biscoff crumbs and strawberries, and was very delicious!


Once done it was time to head home on the metro. The end of the carriage we got on was fairly empty so I took the opportunity to take a cute candid and get one of myself too~
P.s. I'm so jealous of Lulu's skirt, it's the only piece of the 2012 re release I like and it is gorgeousss.





Towards the end of October I had plans to go to a halloween event with a friend. It was a market in the daytime and then a live gig in the evening. I decided to put together yet another guro lolita coord. I love a guro coord, but there isn't really an appropriate time to wear it other than halloween, so I like to take the opportunity when I can. This is actually my fourth time wearing guro, and I like to try and make it different each time so it's not just the same thing over and over; this time I felt my red hair would add a new element.

Hat - BlaBla Hospital
Eyepatch - Handmade
Blouse - Offbrand
Apron - Fanplusfriend
Armband - BlaBlaHospital
Skirt - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - Angelic Pretty
Shoes - Antaina






Towards the beginning of November I had plans to go to my friend's house and watch classic Doctor Who so I put together a cosy and comfy coord for that with a 90s street snap vibe.

Hat - Heart E Boys
Hoodie - RR Memorandum
Skirt - Heart E
Socks - Vivienne Westwood
Shoes - Antaina
Coat - Bettys Blue




Later November my comm had a hotpot meet up. We went to a Korean restaurant and got hotpot to share which was delicious. It's been so long since I'd had Korean hotpot so I was excited! It was also Jordan's birthday, so the meet up kind of doubled as her birthday meet. 


Hat - offbrand (customised)
OP - Angelic Pretty
Bag - Innocent World
Socks - Offbrand
Shoes - Antaina


I decided to wear another of my new dresses, an Angelic Pretty sailor OP from 2003. I love it, I just think it's so cute! I decided use a bag I'd also gotten recently, which is from 2013 but I thought it would work in old school since there was a good selection of angel wing motifs released back then. I also paired it with a beret which isn't something I usually go for, but I think it goes with the dress; I decided to add some angel wings to make it cuter and to go with the bag. I've been really into angel wings as a motif recently!




Headdress - Handmade
Wig - Maple
Capelet - Angelic Pretty
Blouse - Cornet
JSK - Angelic Pretty
Bag - Innocent World
Socks - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Shoes - Antaina


The following week I had plans to once again go to Beamish this time for Ria's birthday. 
I was so excited to finally get to wear my heart cutout jumperskirt that I'd had sat in my wardrobe all summer. It's bean a dream piece of mine for almost a decade and I'm so happy to finally own it! I actually planned this coord before the one with the sailor OP; I thought the boots and bag would look cute together with the jumper skirt, and added a capelet to keep warm while still showing the best part of the dress. I actually made the earmuffs to go with this coord, based on some by Heart E using this tutorial, although the fabric was a little whiter than I'd planned. 



Ria and Blake were kind enough to pick me up and drive me to Beamish which was super helpful, as the bus that I would have to take is currently not running. The day before Ria injured her foot so we nearly had to postpone our plans, but in the end she managed to rest her foot and wear some comfy but not so kawaii shoes, which is why they're covered in the photos.
We took the tram from the Beamish entrance to the 1950s town and looked around the houses before heading to 1900s town.


This time in 1900s town I got some bread from the bakery, something I've wanted to do every time I've been because it looks delicious, but usually I already have plenty of bread at home. Despite the shoe problem we still got lots of cute photos out and about. Other than the bakery, we checked out the sweet shop where I also got some sweets this time (pear drops and rhubarb & custard), as well as the usual places in 1900s town. We also got a cup of tea at the 1950s cafe next to the chip shop.




I really like this photo but I hate that the ribbon became untied ; A ;

Next we headed towards the train station, a part of Beamish I've never checked out before. By now it was quite close to closing time as Beamish shuts an hour earlier in the winter. On our way back to get the tram we took a short detour to check out the fairground. I've wanted to go to the fairground the past few times I've been but didn't have time; we didn't go on the rides this time but maybe in the spring!



We'd planned to go to the pit village as well but the tram we got on was going the opposite direction and terminated at the museum entrance. We decided to get off at the stop before, Pockerly the 1820s farm, and I'm glad we did! For whatever reason I hadn't checked out this area before, there was a gorgeous 18th century garden which made a nice backdrop for photos. 

We headed inside the farmhouse to look inside, it was so dark as the sun was close to setting so no light was getting inside the bottom floor. Most of the artwork in the house had a theme of chonky bulls and cows which was quite amusing. We headed upstairs where one of the staff members gave us lots of interesting information about the time period. The one that stuck out to me the most was the women's rights stuff, and how it was around then that women started wearing drawers. However unlike later split drawers these basically didn't cover anything up at the crotch and were similar to chaps in design!




Although closing time was only at 4pm, we were pretty exhausted by then. Blake & Ria were kind enough to drive me back home and we got food at Wagamama on the way back, where a couple of staff members recognised that we were in lolita~

Why do Wagamama make their edamame SO salty? I had to wipe so much off lmao

I also filmed some of the day on my camcorder:




A few days later my friend Helena hosted a potluck dinner party at her house, to which I was invited. I decided to wear another of my new dresses, this time a Wirehead jumperskirt I had made. The experience of getting the dress made was great, as I got to choose the lace and its placement, and I'm so happy with how it turned out. I've wanted more tartan in my wardrobe for a while now~
The dinner party was lovely, I brought chana dal and coconut rice I made, and I had a great time. 

Headdress - Bodyline
Wig - Aliexpress
Blouse - MAM Maxicimam
JSK - Wirehead
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - Innocent World
Shoes - Demonia (customised)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so many gorgeous looks <3 I must say this Wirehead JSK is a dream! I love how the chunky soles really balance out every outfit :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 Chunky soled shoes are my favourite thing hehe

      Delete
  2. These women party dresses are irresistible! Their captivating designs and flattering fit make them a must-have for any special event. Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete