Tuesday 13 February 2024

Ice Skating & Dream Dresses │ Coords

 



My first coord of 2024 was a comfy coord to visit my friend and watch Doctor Who. I wanted to wear one of my new pieces while still being comfortable and not too OTT, so I chose to wear this lovely velvet BTSSB skirt and pair it with my MILK cardigan. I wore the Unif shoes I got for Christmas too, I got this size based on their size chart however they're very tight so I'm trying to stretch them out. Hopefully they're comfier soon~

Headdress - Handmade gift
Cardigan - MILK
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Skirt - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Socks - Innocent World
Shoes - UNIF
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Coat - Bettys Blue
Scarf - Bla Bla Hospital



For my comm's January meet up, I decided to organise an ice skating meet. I finally had an opportunity to wear the strawberry AP OP I've been meaning to wear for ages, so I put together a cute wintery coord. I had planned to wear some new hair pieces but that didn't end up working out, neither did buns or natural pigtails, so I tried something new and I like how it turned out! As a result of my bad hair day I was running a bit late so only managed to snap a quick mirror selfie on this old camera a friend gave me to replace one that broke. I kind of like it though as it feels like something from the LJ days.

Headdress - Handmade
Capelet - Angelic Pretty
OP - Angelic Pretty
Bag - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - R.R. Memorandum
Shoes - MILK
Parasol - Baby the Stars Shine Bright


We got some lunch before heading to the ice rink. My original choice of café was full, so instead we went to a fish and chip restaurant that I had been wanting to try for a while because it does vegan fish and chips, they were really good! Once at the ice rink most of us hired skates, the blue really finishes our coords so elegantly lol. I brought a little extra bag with me so I could take a camera on the ice, which is why I had a different one to usual.



mom said it was my turn on the ice rink


We got plenty of photos while skating but as you can see, this camera basically has no motion blur protection so they're all a little blurry. The ones below are from my camera and the ones above were taken by Emily on her phone (except the one of Bernie and I which I think was also on my camera)




Can you tell it was windy AF when we took this


The following week, it was finally time for me to film my wardrobe video. I decided to split filming to main pieces on one day and everything else on the other, since the hours where the light is good is limited. 
Recently I was able to acquire the matching bonnet and capelet for my Meta Bouquet skirt, so I decided to wear it for my video. I thought it would be a fun theme to wear my dream pieces in my wardrobe video(s). I'm still hoping to find the matching bustier and blouse eventually, but I'm very happy to have a set~


Bonnet - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Wig - Maple
Necklace - Jane Marple
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Capelet - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Skirt - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Shoes - Antaina







The following day I filmed the second part of my wardrobe video (which isn't out yet). Continuing my theme of wearing acquired dream pieces, I put together a coord with Isabel OP. This has been my top dream dress since 2014, so I'm so happy I finally own it! I thought it would look cute with my red hair, especially since the Bouquet coord had a wig.


Headdress - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
OP - Baby the Stars shine Bright
Petticoat - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Socks - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Shoes - Demonia (customised)
Earrings - Jane Marple
Capelet - Angelic Pretty


4 comments:

  1. Love the skating coords! I think strawberry prints are super cute for the winter. Haven't dared egl on ice yet, but might be a fun idea for my local comm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes ice skating meet ups are fun, you definitely should~!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this lovely post! Looking forward to the next one~

    ReplyDelete