Thursday 9 May 2024

Alt Night Market & A Trip to York│Coords

 


Headdress - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Blouse - MAM Maxicimam
Skirt - Heart E
Bag - Alice & the Pirates
Socks - Moi Meme Moitie
Shoes - Antaina
Ring - Jane Marple

Early in April my comm had a meet at an alternative night market that happens occasionally. Since the market is aimed towards gothic and alt styles I decided to go for a gothic look with the Moitie socks I got for christmas. I've probably worn this blouse and skirt combination together before, but I thought the socks along with the red hair & white raschel headdress would add something different to it.


Did this pose as a joke and it ended up so cursed lol but I kind of love it

The night market was very busy, I arrived quite late and there was still a massive queue when I arrived. Once we got in we got cocktails from the bar, they had a menu of special gothic themed ones, I decided to try one but it was soooo sweet. After we finished our drinks we had a look around at the stalls. 

I'd been growing out my nails and then half of them snapped or got caught so hand my fingers are looking kinda stumpy

There were some great stalls, including a taxidermy stall and one run by a friend. There was also a stall doing tooth gems, so Amelia and I decided to get one, Amelia had gotten one before but it was my first time. We had some new members attend this meet too, which was nice.



The market was only two hours long, which went by pretty fast. Once it ended we got some coord photos and group photos, then decided to keep the meet going by heading to a little bar for another drink before heading home. It was a funny meet to have so many new members at, as it definitely isn't the average one lol.

Tooth gem twinss~







Later in the month, Helena was feeling better after being ill for weeks and decided to organise a chilled casual meet at a Japanese café that had some special seasonal sakura items on the menu. Unfortunately for me the adorable sakura sundaes weren't vegan so I tried the warabi mochi and red bean frappe. The matcha flavour mochi was good but I wasn't a fan of the there one, and the red bean frappe was more like a milkshake and very delicious!

Headdress - Innocent World
Blouse - Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Tie - Maxicimam
Cardigan - Jane Marple
JSK - Innocent World
Bloomers - Fanplusfriend
Socks - Bodyline
Boots - Antaina
Bag - Vintage

Headdress - Wirehead
Wig - Maple
Capelet - Angelic Pretty
OP - Angelic Pretty
Necklace - Jane Marple
Bag - Vintage
Socks - Baby the Stars shine Bright
Shoes - Demonia (customised)


Later in April I took a day trip to York to hang out with Ria. I decided to wear Angelic Pretty's Rose Princess OP, a dress I'd had in my wishlist for years and finally bought earlier this year. I originally planned not to wear it until I'd made a replacement for the missing collar, but since I hadn't gotten around to it I decided to just go ahead and wear it without as I had many cute coord ideas. I paired it with my gobelin Wirehead headdress, and white lacetop socks to match the white lace of the headdress as the OP's lace is more offwhite. Since it's still a little chilly/mild I wore my AP capelet, I thought the black bows would tie in nicely. 


I'd actually had quite a hard time deciding my coord, as as you can see I had a lot of options for things that would go well with the OP.




The first thing we did once I arrived in York was head to the abbey ruins in the museum gardens for a few coord photos. After that we made our way to the cathedral and passed an antique shop on the way so decided to have a look inside. As it turned out, the antique shop was massive, there were rooms and rooms filled with lovely antiques and vintage things! My favourites were some very large dolls and a beautiful oval framed embroidered picture.







Once we'd looked around the antique shop we headed to the cathedral to find that it had a service on that the lord mayor was attending, so instead we made our way to the art gallery. There was some really lovely art in the gallery! My favourite was the automated clock.





The contemporary art section had these cool creepy little guys I found rather charming, as well as these gorgeous Grayson Perry urns. I especially loved the urns because at first glance they look like antique vases until you look closer at the art on it.














I actually completely forgot to get any photos with Ria on my camera, or even just get more photos of the day. But luckily we did take a couple cute videos which you can see on my tiktok, here and here~
I also filmed some stuff on my camcorder:





At the very end of April I had another sewing session to work on an Edwardian skirt project. I threw together a casual coord with a MILK cutsew I got recently.

Headdress - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Necklace - Emily Temple Cute
Blouse - Peace Now
Cutsew - MILK
Skirt - PUTUMAYO
Socks - Bodyline
Shoes - Antaina
Ring - Jane Marple

No comments:

Post a Comment